We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: October 11, 2021)
Easy Soft Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
This tasty vegan pumpkin cookies recipe is perfectly sweet, spiced, soft and fluffy!
Ready in under 30 minutes, and so incredibly quick and easy to make.
These cookies are as light as a cloud, deliciously soft and chewy and filled with warm pumpkin spices.
To top it all off, they’re generously frosted with a simple tangy vegan cream cheese frosting and a light dusting of cinnamon!If you want to do some fall pumpkin baking but don’t have time to waste, these fuss-free cookies are perfect for you!
The dough comes together in no time and they bake up in under 14 minutes.
The result is the softest, best-tasting pumpkin cookie ever with tons of flavor!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies Cream Cheese Frosting
These one-bowl vegan pumpkin spice cookies are the perfect fall treat to bake.
I usually reach for a soft cookie over a crunchy one, so these soft, tender and puffy cookies are perfection!
Great for kids and adults alike, and a great baking option to do with your kids too!
No one will ever know these cookies are completely vegan, dairy-free, eggless and easily gluten-free.
- All-Purpose Flour – You can also use a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
- Pumpkin Puree – Not pumpkin pie filling! Just pumpkin is all you need.
- Vegan Butter – Be sure to use vegan butter sticks and not from a tub.
- Sugars – A mixture of white and brown adds the perfect sweetness with a hint of molasses.
- Vanilla – The best compliment to pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – The best spices, you can also make your own with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Baking Powder & Soda – To get the best puffy and soft cookies!
- Salt – To bring out all the fall spices.
- Cinnamon – To dust the tops with some spice!
- Cream Cheese Frosting – A delicious creamy mixture of vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt!
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
Mixing the Sugar Cookie Dough
To make your delicious soft pumpkin cookies, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then cream together your butter and sugar until smooth.
Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla and mix to combine.
Add in all your dry ingredients and mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
Baking Soft Vegan Cookies
Finally it’s time to bake!
Take two tbsp amounts of dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper two inches apart, wet your fingers and gently press the cookies down just a bit.
You can also use a silicone baking mat if you’d like – I love these to save money and also never have to worry about running out when I’m trying to bake.
Then bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are no longer shiny and the cookies are nice and puffy.
They may look not quite done yet, but they will finish cooking while they cool and create the best, softest cookies ever!
Allow to cool for five minutes in the pan, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Once fully cooled, mix together your Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting and spread all over the tops of the cookies, followed by a sprinkle of cinnamon!
You can dig in right away or let the cookies sit for a bit while the frosting firms up, it will still by soft and delicious!
Chewy Cookies with Pumpkin Puree
I love baking up all the fall treats when pumpkin puree cans start popping up in stores – I always stock up on a few cans right away because before I know it they’re gone!
I also appreciate pumpkin in baking because it’s the perfect egg-replacement ingredient in itself, and makes vegan baking that much easier.
Pumpkin helps make these cookies super flavorful, moist, easy to make and so delicious.
HOW TO STORE VEGAN PUMPKIN SUGAR COOKIES:
These chewy pumpkin cookies can be kept in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If your house is warm I would recommend keeping them in the fridge so the frosting does not get melted and ruin the cookies.
You can also freeze the unfrosted cookies for 2-3 months – simply let them thaw on the counter and then frost!
This recipe is:
- Easy to Make
- Perfectly Spiced
- Dairy Free
Loving the pumpkin? Check out these other irresistible vegan pumpkin desserts!
Pin this for later!
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree*
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature**
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice***
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Cinnamon to Top
- 1 Recipe Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To start making the cookies, mix together the butter and white and brown sugars until smooth and creamy. Then add the pumpkin puree and vanilla and mix well.
- All the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix to combine.
- Take 2 tbsp. balls of dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper 2 inches apart.
- Wet your fingers a bit and gently press down the cookies a little.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are no longer shiny and the cookies are puffy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once fully cooled, mix together your frosting and generously top cookies. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
*Not pumpkin pie filling.
**Be sure to use vegan butter sticks, not butter from a tub.
***Or make your own by mixing cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g