We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: September 11, 2022)
Streusel Pumpkin Pecan Bars Recipe
These tasty pumpkin pecan bars are everything you want in a classic fall dessert.
A simple oat cookie crust with a sweet and creamy pumpkin pie filling – topped off with a brown sugar streusel crumb topping and a vanilla glaze!
There are so many comforting flavors and delicious textures in these dessert bars – and they are so easy to make as well.
The best bars to try something new this fall, while still enjoying those classic flavors we all love!
- Oat Cookie Crust – A simple and tasty cookie crust made with all-purpose flour, oats, brown sugar and vegan butter.
- Pumpkin Pie Filling – My delicious creamy pumpkin pie filling flavored with pumpkin puree, brown sugar and cozy pumpkin pie spices.
- Streusel Crumb Topping – The best crumb topping I’ve made – made with all-purpose flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and vegan butter. This topping also has chopped pecans and dark chocolate granola for extra crunch!
- Sweet Glaze – A simple vanilla glaze made with powdered sugar, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
I love adding granola to recipes when I want an extra crunch – and it was the perfect addition to this crumb topping along with some chopped pecans!
My favorite granola, Bakery on Main, has a Dark Chocolate Sea Salt flavor that I just love combining with pumpkin.
It’s also an aware winner for the 2021 NEXTY Consumer Choice Awards in the Food & Beverage category!
It’s super chocolaty and delicious, filled with beneficial nutrients and powerful ancient grains. Combining sweet and salty flavors as well as chocolate chips, almonds, cocoa powder, chia seeds and more!
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bars
Making the Cookie Crust
Preheat oven to 350F, and line an 8×8 baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
Mix all crust ingredients with a hand mixer until soft and crumbly – pour into prepared pan and press down in an even layer.
Bake for 15 minutes, then set aside.
Making the Pumpkin Filling and Crumb Topping
Add all pumpkin pie filling ingredients to a bowl, and mix with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
Pour into baked crust and bake for 20 minutes.
In another bowl, add all streusel topping ingredients, use your hands to mix until small crumbs are formed.
Sprinkle topping over baked pumpkin pie filling, then bake a final time for 25 minutes. Then let cool completely in the fridge for at least 1-3 hours.
Serving Pumpkin Streusel Bars
Once fully cooled, mix together the vanilla glaze and generously drizzle all over the crumb topping.
Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy – this is also delicious served with dairy-free vanilla ice cream!
These bars can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days for best results.
Best Ever Pumpkin Dessert Bars
Pumpkin is one of the best and most delicious flavors to bake with – there are endless possibilities and I’m never disappointed.
It’s perfect when combined with cozy spices and just the right amount of sugar for lattes, muffins, scones, cakes and more.
I also love using it in savory dishes, like my Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta.
These bars combine that traditional pumpkin pie flavor with a chewy cookie base and crunchy crumb topping – it’s the best fall dessert ever!
This recipe is:
- Easy to Make
- Dairy Free
- Packed with Flavor & Texture
Try some of my other favorite vegan pumpkin recipes!
Pin this for later!
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter, softened
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 15 oz. Pumpkin Puree*
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk (full-fat from a can)
- 1 Flax Egg*
- 2 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Bakery on Main Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Granola
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter, cold & cubed
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- In a bowl, add all crust ingredients. Using a hand mixer, mix until soft and crumbly. Pour into pan, press down in an even layer, and bake for 15 minutes, then set aside.
- In another bowl, add all pumpkin pie filling ingredients. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth and creamy. Pour into baked crust and bake for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, add all streusel topping ingredients, use your hands to mix until small crumbs are formed.
- Sprinkle topping over baked pumpkin pie filling, then bake a final time for 25 minutes. Then let cool completely in the fridge for at least 1-3 hours.
- Mix glaze and drizzle over bars. Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy!
*NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling
*Or make your own with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
*1 Tbsp Ground flax or chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 4gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g