We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: April 25, 2022)
Best Lofthouse Sugar Cookies Recipe
This delicious vegan Lofthouse sugar cookie recipe is so irresistibly delicious!
These dairy free sugar cookies are soft, fluffy, chewy and frosted with a generous amount of rainbow sprinkles.
The best ever Lofthouse sugar cookie copycat recipe with very basic ingredients!
They’re also ready in no time and perfect for kids or adults with a sweet tooth.The combination of vanilla and almond extract in these cookies is the best thing ever – it makes the smell and taste all that much better!
One this I love about these cookies is that can customize the frosting and sprinkles for any occasion.
Think red and green for Christmas, red and pink for Valentine’s, yellow and green for St. Patrick’s Day, etc.
Vegan Lofthouse Cookie Copycat Recipe
If you’ve never had Lofthouse sugar cookies before, they are the lightest, fluffiest, most cakey cookies ever, with a delicious flavor.
They are as light as a cloud with a classic buttery sweet flavor.
I wanted to recreate this childhood favorite with a dairy-free and egg-free version that would look and taste like the iconic cookie.
The result is these bright and soft sugar cookies that are so tasty and similar you’ll never be able to tell they are completely vegan.
- Flour – All purpose is best for this recipe; bleach or unbleached.
- Sugar – Simple white sugar is best for color and taste!
- Butter – Be sure to use vegan butter sticks and not from a tub, these are available at many grocery stores.
- Vanilla & Almond – This combination is absolutely delicious and makes these cookies next level!
- Plant Milk – Any kind is fine, I usually use oat or almond.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Just a little goes a long way, you can also use white vinegar. Really helps when you’re not baking with eggs to get the perfect textures.
- Baking Powder & Soda – This combination is perfect for soft and chewy cookies.
- Salt – To bring out all the butter, vanilla and almond flavors!
How to Make Sugar Cookies
Making the Cookie Dough
Then mix your butter and sugar until creamy, and then add in the vanilla and almond extracts.
Add the plant milk and vinegar and mix until incorporated – it’s okay if there is some slight separation at this point.
Pour the dry into the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
Then you’ll want to let this chill for thirty minutes in the fridge to prevent too much spreading while baking.
Baking Sugar Cookies
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Take two tablespoons amounts of dough and roll into balls using the palms of your hands, rolling the dough in circles until smooth.
Then place on a baking tray covered in parchment paper two inches apart.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are just slightly browned – you can also gently poke the middle of a cookie, and if it springs back up they are done.
Allow the cookies to cool for five minutes on the tray, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Frosting and Serving Cookies
Once your cookies are completely cooled, add any frosting you’d like to the tops – or try my Vegan Vanilla Frosting recipe with some food dye!
I love adding some food dye to mine to really get that classic Lofthouse sugar cookie look, and then of course add on some rainbow sprinkles and enjoy!
Frosting is the most fun part of this recipe!
So many options and ways to make them your own, feel free to get creative with these.
There’s nothing better than a frosted vegan sugar cookie that is as soft as a pillow and packed with flavor.
These are a huge hit at birthday parties, holidays, picnics and any sort of get together!
So much more than a normal sugar cookie and such a breeze to make!
These frosted cookies can be kept in an air tight container for up to five days.
You can also freeze the unfrosted cookies for up to three months, just let them thaw and then frost them!
This recipe for Lofthouse sugar cookies is:
Check out these other tasty vegan cookie recipes!
Vegan Lavender Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Vegan Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Pin this for later!
Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Recipe
This copycat vegan Lofthouse sugar cookie recipe is so delicious! These cookies are soft, chewy and cakey with the best vanilla frosting.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Cane Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature*
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1/3 Cup Plant Milk
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Vegan Vanilla Frosting
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, then add in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the plant milk and vinegar and mix again until incorporated, if the mixture separates a bit at this point that is okay.
- Add the dry into the wet and mix just until combined.
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes - this helps the cookies not spread as much while baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
- Take two tablespoon amounts of dough and roll into balls using the palms of your hands. Place on a baking tray covered in parchment paper two inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are just slightly browned.**
- Allow cookies to cool for five minutes on the tray and then place on a cooling rack.
- Once fully cooled, frost with vegan frosting and add vegan sprinkles, enjoy!
*Be sure to use vegan butter sticks and not butter from a tub.
**Another way I like to check if the cookies are done is to gently poke my finger into the middle of a cookie, and if it springs back up they are done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
40 thoughts on “Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Recipe”