We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: September 11, 2022)
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
These vegan pumpkin donuts are perfectly spiced and smell like pumpkin pie while baking!
They’re packed with comforting spices and a touch of vanilla.
Then they’re dipped in a maple vanilla spiced glaze and ready to serve.
Ready in under 30 minutes and the perfect dessert for fall, or anytime!The only way to serve these pumpkin glazed donuts is with a cup of fresh coffee or freshly brewed tea.
It’s the perfect compliment to these donuts!
The donuts themselves are not overly sweet, so the glaze gives them the perfect amount of sweetness.
The best maple, cinnamon and pumpkin donuts for dessert or as an addition to brunch!
Best Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
These soft baked vegan maple donuts have all the comforting fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves packed into a donut.
Filled with real pumpkin and added flavors of maple and vanilla, these donuts are the ultimate fall treat!
Fall is the season of baking, and these are always the first on my list to do!
So simple to make and they bake up in just 10 minutes – what are you waiting for?
Pumpkin is the best flavor during the fall season, I even love making Vegan Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal for breakfast and having these donuts for dessert!
- All-Purpose Flour – Can also use a gluten-free 1:1 blend. You can substitute some of the white flour for whole wheat if you want some added fiber.
- Pumpkin Spice – This is a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger if you don’t have it mixed!
- Vanilla – A great addition to any baked good!
- Plant Milk – I usually opt for oat or almond.
- Sugar – I like using white sugar, but you can sub coconut sugar or brown if you’d like.
- Canned Pumpkin – Be sure to use canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Vegan Butter – Melted vegan butter adds so much richness and flavor.
- Maple Syrup – I love adding a splash to the donuts for a deep sweet flavor!
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda – This combination makes for fluffy and light desserts!
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Helps the donuts rise and get fluffy.
- Salt – To bring out all the fall flavors.
- Maple Glaze – A delicious combination of vegan powdered sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, vanilla and a splash of plant milk! There’s no better way to top these donuts off.
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Making the Donut Batter
To start making these vegan pumpkin doughnuts, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and oiling a donut pan!
Then, whisk together your wet ingredients plus the sugar until smooth.
Sprinkle the dry ingredients on top and mix just until combined, being careful not to overmix.
Baking Pumpkin Donuts
Scoop the batter into either a piping bag or a ziploc bag if you don’t have one!
Both work great but you can always choose a reusable piping bag if you’d prefer.
Twist the top to close and snip off about 3/4 inch from the bottom.
Pipe the batter into the donut pan about 3/4 full.
You’ll need two donut pans or simply do this in two batches!
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean without any wet batter!
How to Make Maple Glaze for Donuts
While the donuts bake, whisk together all the glaze ingredients until smooth!
Once the donuts are baked, let them cool in the donut pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Once fully cooled, dip the donuts halfway into the glaze and let the excess run off.
Then place back on the rack to set and enjoy!
These donuts can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days – I wouldn’t recommend keeping the glazed donuts on the counter as the glaze can tend to melt if it’s too warm.
You can also freeze the unfrosted donuts for up to 2 months – simply let them come to room temperature on the counter for about 2-3 hours and then glaze and enjoy!
Baked Pumpkin Spice Maple Doughnuts
These perfectly spiced maple pumpkin donuts are the best way to start your fall baking!
They have all the wonderful flavors of fall plus more, with the best maple glaze on top.
If you’d prefer, you can also coat these donuts with a cinnamon sugar mixture instead of the glazed topping.
Simply brush on some vegan butter and dip them in a mixture of 1/2 cup white sugar and about 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
I love the look of the glaze, but both options are delicious.
This recipe is:
- Maple Glazed
Check out these other vegan pumpkin desserts!
Soft Frosted Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Crumble Muffins
Vegan Pumpkin Donuts (maple glazed)
This easy baked vegan pumpkin donuts recipe is filled with warm spices and maple and vanilla flavor. Topped with a maple cinnamon glaze!
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Spice*
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Plant Milk
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin**
- 1/2 Cup Melted Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Vegan Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Plant Milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil a donut pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, plant milk, vanilla, butter, pumpkin, syrup and vinegar until smooth.
- Add the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined.
- Scoop batter into a piping bag or a ziploc bag, twist the top to close and snip about 3/4 inch or so off the bottom.
- Pipe batter into the donut pan about 3/4 full - you will need two pans or simply do this in two batches!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clean.
- While the donuts bake, whisk together all glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Once baked, let donuts cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Finally, dip the donuts halfway in the glaze and let excess drip off for a bit, then place back on the rack to set and enjoy!
*You can also make your own by combining ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
**Not pumpkin pie filling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g
17 thoughts on “Vegan Pumpkin Donuts (maple glazed)”
We made these for my husband’s birthday, and OMG, the best donut we have ever had! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! 😁👍
I’m so glad you liked them!! 🙂