We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: September 29, 2022)
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
This delicious homemade vegan pumpkin banana bread is so moist and delicious!
It’s filled with cozy pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger, as well as plenty of dark chocolate chips.
All the best flavors baked into one delicious loaf–this is the perfect treat for the fall and holiday season!
Completely eggless, dairy free and packed with flavor, you’re going to love this delicious pumpkin spice banana bread!
Making breads is one of my favorite fall morning activities–not only are they incredibly easy, but they are always so delicious and make the house smell like a bakery all day.
If you love vegan baked breads, try my other sweet vegan loaf recipes next:
Frosted Vegan Gingerbread Loaf
Vegan Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Banana and Pumpkin Bread
There’s nothing better than chocolate and pumpkin mixed together into a sweet and moist loaf.
They are the best flavors of the season, and when combined with vanilla, banana and pumpkin pie spices, you have an incredibly flavorful and irresistible baked bread!
I think dark chocolate is the perfect addition to pumpkin desserts, and it’s also usually always vegan. You can use dairy-free milk chocolate for this recipe if you prefer, either way it will be delicious!
- Bananas – For best results, use medium-sized bananas that have many brown spots on them.
- Pumpkin Puree – Be sure not to use pumpkin-pie-filling by mistake!
- Sugar – You can use white or brown, I like to use half and half for this recipe.
- Vegetable Oil – Any neutral oil like canola is also fine.
- Vanilla – I love adding vanilla to fall breads.
- All-Purpose Flour – You can also use a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – You can also make your own with 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1/3 teaspoons each of nutmeg, cloves and ginger!
- Baking Powder & Soda – To help the loaf rise and get fluffy.
- Salt – To bring out all the flavors and spices!
- Chocolate Chips – I used dark chocolate bars and roughly chopped them–I love how this looks! You can also use regular dark chocolate chips!
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Making the Eggless Loaf Batter
To make this bread, preheat your oven to 350F, and prepare your loaf pan by adding a sheet of parchment paper–then lightly grease and set aside.
In a bowl, peel and add the banana and mash well. Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined, try not to overmix.
Using a spatula, add the chocolate chips and fold in–it will be a thick batter.
Baking and Serving Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
Pour into prepared baking pan and add a few more chocolate chips to the top. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove with the parchment paper and place on a cooling rack.
Once it’s just warm to touch, feel free to cut and enjoy–the slices will be cleaner if you let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes first, but a freshly baked loaf is always better in my opinion!
This bread can be stored in an air-tight container for up to four or five days–if your home is very warm I would keep it in the fridge. It’s always best to heat it up before eating, you can also enjoy it with some vegan butter on top, or even some dairy-free vanilla ice cream!
This recipe is:
- Perfectly Spiced
- Egg Free
- Dairy Free
Try some more vegan pumpkin desserts!
Vegan Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
Vegan Pumpkin Streusel Cookie Bars
Vegan Chocolate-Chip Pumpkin Oat Cookies
Pin this for later!
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
This easy vegan pumpkin banana bread recipe is so moist and easy to make. Eggless and filled with pumpkin spices and chocolate chips!
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 1 1/3 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Sugar*
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper, lightly grease and set aside.
- In a bowl, peel and add the banana and mash well. Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined, try not to overmix.
- Using a spatula, add the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and add a few more chocolate chips to the top. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove with the parchment paper and place on a cooling rack. Cool until just warm to touch and enjoy!*
*White or brown, I used half and half.
*Or make your own with 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp each of nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
*The loaf will have cleaner slices if you let it chill in the fridge after baking, but a warm loaf is always better in my opinion!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 5gSugar: 48gProtein: 5g
12 thoughts on “Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread”