We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Super Moist Easy Vegan Banana Bread
This easy vegan banana bread is so flavorful and moist, with lots of cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts!
It’s really perfect for breakfast or dessert – it has just the right amount of sweet and spice.
Made with whole ripe bananas and simple ingredients for a yummy homemade bread ready in no time!
Easy Eggless Banana Bread Recipe
For this bread, I used a chia egg, oat milk and a combination of apple cider vinegar, baking powder and baking soda to help it rise and be super moist – this way no eggs or dairy were needed!
This bread is amazing on its own, but sometimes (especially for breakfast) I like to add all sorts of toppings.
Here I added some almond-milk yogurt (vanilla and strawberry), blueberries, popped quinoa and some more walnuts!
For a dessert banana bread, I sometimes like to add chocolate chips inside the bread or melted on top, it’s also yummy with vegan caramel or some vegan butter!
How to Make Vegan Banana Bread
Preparing Banana Bread Batter
To make this bread, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees so it has plenty of time to heat up.
Then, peel and squish your bananas with a potato masher or a fork until it’s ‘soupy’, and add in your oil, plant milk, vanilla and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
Add your sugar and mix well until fully combined.
In a separate bowl, combine all your remaining dry ingredients and then pour into the wet ingredients and mix well.
Add Banana Bread Fillings
Now you can stir in your walnuts, or any fillings you want to use.
Chocolate chips are also super yummy, or you can just leave the bread plain!
Pour into an oiled or non-stick sprayed loaf pan, and bake for 55-75 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven.
You’ll know it’s done when you stick a butter knife into the center of the loaf and it comes out clean (this is much more reliable than a toothpick for this recipe).
That’s it! Once it cools 5-10 minutes you can place it on a cooling rack.
Let it cool again until it’s just warm to touch or cooler, and top with anything you’d like.
Healthy Dairy Free Banana Breakfast Bread
Banana bread is such a classic treat, made with super sweet ripe bananas and mixed together with comforting spices of nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar.
I love making banana bread whenever I can, the hardest part is waiting for my bananas to ripen!
I don’t usually like banana flavor in baked goods or sweets, but banana bread is my one exception where I LOVE it.
It’s just subtle enough to give it that comforting flavor without being overpowering, and it helps the bread have such a yummy taste and texture.
This easy vegan banana bread didn’t last through the night at my house!
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Perfect for Breakfast or Dessert!
Try these other vegan baked goods!
Pin this for later!
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Plant Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar (I used 3/4 brown 1/4 cane)
- 1/3 Cup Neutral Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chia or Flax Seeds, ground
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts, Chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and mash your bananas with a potato masher or a fork in a bowl. Add plant milk, oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and mix well. Add sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, chia or flax seeds, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Pour into wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray or oil and pour batter inside. Tap to flatten and place on the bottom rack of your oven. Bake for 50-70 minutes or until a butter knife inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386 Trans Fat: 0g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g