We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: July 29, 2022)
Best Vegan Olive Oil Cake Recipe
This vegan olive oil cake recipe is packed with flavor and the best light and moist texture!
It’s filled with flavors of high quality olive oil, orange juice and zest, vanilla and a hint of almond.
So easy to make and the the best little cake for a brunch or a simple after dinner dessert.
It’s topped with powdered sugar and would be great served with fresh fruit!This cake has a mixture of all-purpose flour and a bit of almond flour, which adds a delicious almond flavor and a slightly heartier texture.
However, it’s still incredibly light, fluffy and moist – the perfect balance and the best ever olive oil cake!
Dairy Free and Eggless Olive Oil Cake
I actually love using olive oil as my oil in choice in a lot of my baking.
I love the flavor it gives and the way it moistens the cake.
This recipe has more oil than other cake recipes, and this makes it even easier to make it completely dairy free and eggless.
Just a splash of plant milk and some apple cider vinegar are all you need to help this cake bind and rise, while being perfectly moist!
This cake is seriously bursting with flavor from freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh zest.
It has an irresistible citrus aroma that is perfect year round, whether it’s a bright summer day treat or a comforting winter night dessert.
Try my fruity Glazed Vegan Orange Loaf Cake, Vegan Lemon Cake or Almond Vegan Pound Cake next for more citrus cake goodness!
- All-Purpose Flour – Can also substitute with a 1:1 gluten free flour blend.
- Almond Flour – Adds a nice texture and flavor.
- Olive Oil – Try to find the highest quality you can, but any will do!
- Orange Juice & Zest – Fresh is highly recommended!
- Vanilla – An amazing pair with orange and almond!
- Plant Milk – Any kind is fine.
- Sugar – I used white sugar, you can also use coconut.
- Baking Powder & Soda – The combination makes for the fluffiest cakes!
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This helps the cake rise.
- Salt – To bring out all the wonderful flavors!
- Powdered Sugar – To top generously!
How to Make Vegan Olive Oil Cake
Mixing the Cake Batter
To make this orange vegan cake recipe, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, whisk your wet ingredients, along with the sugar, in a large bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
Then add in the dry and mix until smooth, being careful not to overmix or else the cake will be more dense than preferred.
Baking Olive Oil Cake
Grease and lightly flour a nine inch circle pan – you can also add a circle of parchment paper to the bottom if you want even easier removal.
Pour the batter inside and evenly spread out.
Then bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean without any wet batter.
It smells absolutely incredible while baking!
Let the cake cool in the pan for ten minutes, then run a butter knife along the edges to make sure it is not sticking.
Flip the cake onto a plate, and then flip again onto a cooling rack.
Wait until fully cooled and then dust the top with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Storing – This cake keeps for up to five days in an airtight container on the counter. You can also freeze the cake for up to two months, letting it thaw at room temperature and then serving with powdered sugar when thawed.
Vegan Orange Almond Cake Recipe
Using olive oil in cake adds an ever so slight savory flavor to the dessert, it’s the perfect compliment.
This cake is slightly less sweet than other cakes because of this, and I believe it’s just the right balance!
If you would prefer a sweeter cake for dessert time, you can always add a simple glaze on top instead of the powdered sugar.
Simply mix together four tablespoons of powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice and drizzle over the completely cooled cake!
This recipe is:
- Citrus and Vanilla
- Dairy Free
- Perfect for Brunch or Dessert!
Check out these other vegan desserts with citrus flavor!
Vegan Lemon Loaf (Starbucks Copycat)
Vegan Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Chewy Vegan Lemon Sugar Cookies
Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Pin this for later!
Vegan Olive Oil Cake
This vegan olive oil cake recipe is so moist and delicious, with orange, vanilla and almond flavors! Dairy free, eggless and ready in no time!
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2/3 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Plant Milk
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Powdered Sugar to Top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice and zest, vanilla, plant milk, vinegar and sugar until smooth.
- Add the flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until smooth, being careful not to overmix or the cake will be more dense.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch circle pan and pour batter inside*, evenly spreading out
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean without any wet batter.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then run a butter knife along the edges and carefully flip over onto a plate, and flip over again onto a cooling rack to fully cool.
- Dust top with powdered sugar and enjoy!
*You can also add a circle of parchment paper to the bottom to make removal even easier.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
19 thoughts on “Vegan Olive Oil Cake”
This was so good! I made it for my dad’s birthday and it was excellent and very delicious! Thanks so much for such a great recipe!
So happy to hear it was a hit!! 🙂
I am often blessed with the end product of Caitlin’s labor being mom and all. I just loved this cake and it was so perfect with a cup of coffee.
Thanks ma! 🙂
olive oil cakes are so good! I’m happy to have such an easy recipe to make my own
They are so good indeed!
I love how this turns out with the coconut sugar, a little rustic and extra European. 😉 I have always loved olive oil cakes, but your addition of almond flour just makes it even more special. Thanks for the lovely recipe!
Yes coconut sugar is a great compliment! Thank you!
Olive oil cakes are so moist and delicious! We loved this one with the orange twist. Thanks!
This vegan cake was so delicious and I loved the orange in it! I will definitely be making this again.
Thanks so much!!