We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Vegan Blueberry Muffins Recipe
This vegan blueberry muffins recipe is so easy to make, and you only need one bowl!
These muffins are incredibly soft, fluffy, moist and just the right amount of sweet.
Everything you want in a tasty blueberry muffin, minus the eggs and milk.
These homemade blueberry muffins are absolutely delicious, and my favorite part of baking with berries is how they dye the muffin with color!There’s nothing better than a classic blueberry muffin – and these certainly do not disappoint!
Perfect as a sweet breakfast or an after dinner treat, these one bowl vegan lemon blueberry muffins are incredibly flavorful and simple to make.
Eggless Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Being such a classic recipe, I knew this was one I really had to nail, especially using some simple vegan twists to make them indistinguishable from traditional recipes.
That’s always my goal – to make food vegan without ever sacrificing on taste or texture, and these are even better than I could have imagined!
Perfectly sweet with the absolute best ever texture, these muffins are a regular in my home.
You can also make these muffins into a loaf – simply spray non-stick spray into a loaf pan for bake for 48-52 minutes until a butter knife comes out clean!
- All-Purpose Flour – You can substitute with a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend as well.
- Sugar – I used plain white sugar, you can substitute for coconut sugar but it may make the muffins a little darker.
- Dairy-Free Yogurt – My favorite brand is Siggi’s dairy-free, but any will do!
- Vegetable Oil – You can also use canola, or use 1:1 applesauce for oil-free.
- Plant Milk – Any kind is fine! I usually use oat or almond.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This is always my go to, but white vinegar or lemon juice is also fine – it helps the muffins get nice and fluffy.
- Vanilla – The vanilla flavor really shines through in these muffins, and compliments the berries.
- Baking Powder & Soda – I usually find that both make for the fluffiest muffins.
- Blueberries – I highly recommend using fresh, but you can thaw frozen in a colander under warm water and pat dry to get as much moisture out as possible.
- Lemon Zest – Optional, adds a tangy flavor and pairs perfectly with blueberries!
- Raw Sugar – Optional, but adds a nice crunch and sweetness!
How to Make Dairy Free Blueberry Muffins
Mixing the One-Bowl Muffin Batter
To make these easy vegan blueberry muffins, start by preheating your oven to 375°F.
Line a muffin baking tray with 8 muffin liners and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together your sugar, oil, plant milk, vinegar and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the dairy free yogurt.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest if using, and mix just until incorporated.
It’s okay if there are a couple small flour clumps, you don’t want to mix anymore than you have to!
Fold in the blueberries and the batter is done – it will be slightly thick.
Evenly distribute the batter into the 8 muffin tins using two spoons or a cookie scoop with a release trigger.
Baking Vegan Muffins
Bake for 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy when cool to touch!
Best Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins
This is the easiest eggless blueberry muffin recipe ever, I know you’ll love it as much as I do!
These muffins can be kept in an airtight container for up to 4 days, but of course they are best right out of the oven!
You can also freeze them for up to 2-3 months, letting them thaw on the counter.
I usually like to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds after they’ve thawed to help the flavors come back to life!
These dairy free blueberry muffins are:
- Dairy Free
- One Bowl
Check out these other sweet vegan desserts!
Pin this to make later!
- 1 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Dairy-Free Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 Cup Plant Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 - 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest (Optional)
- Raw Sugar to Top (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fill a muffin baking tray with 8 liners, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, plant milk, vinegar and vanilla, until smooth. Add the yogurt and mix again.
- To this, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest if using. Mix just until incorporated - you don't want to mix anymore than you have to!
- Add the blueberries and gently fold in.
- Evenly distribute the batter into 8 muffin tins, and top with a little raw sugar if desired.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy when cool to touch!
*If you're using sweetened dairy-free yogurt, feel free to reduce the sugar in the recipe to 1/3, or keep it at 1/2 for slightly sweeter muffins!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g