We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: November 22, 2022)
Vanilla Vegan Pound Cake Recipe
This rich vegan pound cake recipe is absolutely delicious!
A perfectly moist and flavorful, slightly dense pound cake with almond frosting.
The cake itself is flavored with both almond and vanilla extract, as well as some dairy-free yogurt and just the right amount of sugar.
This is the best simple vegan cake recipe ever and so easy to make.
- All-Purpose Flour – You can also use a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
- Cornstarch – If you have cake flour, simply omit the cornstarch and use 4 cups total cake flour instead of all purpose.
- Vegan Butter – I used Country Crock Plant Butter sticks at room temperature – my favorite vegan butter!
- Sugar – To add just the right amount of sweetness.
- Dairy Free Yogurt – I used unsweetened, plain dairy-free yogurt.
- Oat Milk – Use any plant-based milk you like, oat is my favorite.
- Vanilla & Almond Extract – I loved the combination of these in the cake, such a perfect flavor!
- Baking Powder – To help the cake rise perfectly.
- Salt – To bring out all the buttery, vanilla and almond flavors.
- Frosting – A simple mixture of powdered sugar, water or oat milk and almond extract – so delicious!
Eggless Dairy Free Pound Cake
Most pound cake recipes call for quite a bit of dairy and eggs, so this recipe was slightly more difficult to create a vegan version of, but I have done it!
I’ve seen some recipes that use tofu or other alternatives, but I prefer my tofu in savory dishes and my sweet recipes as simple and familiar as possible with no tofu.
So, I found that the perfect ratio of dairy-free butter, milk and yogurt to be just the trick – they add just enough moisture, fat and creaminess to get that slightly dense texture you want in a pound cake, while remaining totally dairy-free.
You can also try this recipe by substituting the dairy-free yogurt for a dairy-free sour cream you like, but I loved how the yogurt added flavor and the perfect texture.
How to Make Easy Vegan Pound Cake
Making the Homemade Cake Batter
This eggless pound cake is in the oven in minutes – start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, prepare a Bundt pan by greasing it with oil and sprinkling flour inside – move it around to cover all surfaces and dump out any excess, then set the pan aside.
Mix together your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside – I like to sift then a few times to evenly distribute.
In another bowl, whisk together the vegan butter and sugar until nice and creamy, then mix in the dairy-free yogurt, vanilla and almond extracts.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until smooth, then add the oat milk (or plant-based milk of choice) and mix until combined, try not to overmix this batter – it will be quite thick so don’t worry about that!
Pour into prepared Bundt pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
Cool for 20 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Making Almond Cake Frosting
Once your cake has fully cooled (be sure it is no longer warm to touch), whisk together the frosting ingredients until smooth.
Drizzle all over the cake and spread around – I like to have some drip down the sides.
Let the frosting set before trying to cut or else it may crack and be difficult to cut through.
Serve as is or add sprinkles or fruit if desired!
If you’d like to reduce the sugar in this recipe, you can simply leave the frosting off, or just top the cake with a light dusting of powdered sugar!
If you love this dairy-free pound cake recipe, try my Vegan Lemon Cake, Vegan Glazed Lemon Loaf, Vegan Orange Loaf, Vegan Olive Oil Cake, Fresh Vegan Strawberry Cake, Vegan Apple Bundt Cake or Frosted Vegan Gingerbread Loaf next!
HOW LONG CAN I STORE THIS CAKE?
You can store this cake in an airtight container for about four days – if your home is warm I would keep it in the fridge to avoid any melted frosting.
WHAT IS A POUND CAKE?
The first pound cake came about during the 1700s in Britain, and was made with affordable, simple ingredients and steps: the cake called for a pound each of sugar, eggs, butter and flour, and a true pound cake would weigh four pounds.
CAN I MAKE THIS CAKE IN A LOAF PAN?
Yes – but you’ll want to cut the recipe in half and only bake for about 40-45 minutes, using the toothpick method to know for sure when it’s done. Also reduce the frosting in half!
This recipe is:
- Perfect for Any Occasion
- Easy & Delicious
- Perfectly Sweet
- Full of Flavor
- Slightly Dense and Irresistible
- Dairy Free
Try my Vegan Tres Leches Cake for my Vegan Angel Food Cake for more sweet dairy free cake!
Vegan Pound Cake (Vanilla Almond)
This easy vegan pound cake recipe has the best almond vanilla flavor in a dense and fluffy cake. No tofu, eggs or dairy involved!
- 3 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour*
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 Cups Vegan Butter, room temp
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Dairy Free Yogurt
- 1 Cup Oat Milk
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp Oat MIlk or Water
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a Bundt pan and sprinkle flour inside and toss around to cover all areas, then dump out any excess.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk together the vegan butter and sugar until smooth**. Add yogurt, vanilla and almond and mix well.
- Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix until smooth, add oat milk and mix until combined, do not overmix. Batter will be thick.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan and evenly spread out.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean without any wet batter on it.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once fully cooled, whisk together frosting and drizzle all over cake. Let the frosting set and then enjoy.
*If you have cake flour, omit cornstarch and use 4 cups cake flour.
**Mix by hand until creamy or use an electric mixer.
19 thoughts on “Vegan Pound Cake (Vanilla Almond)”
Absolutely delicious!! East to follow recipe.
Thank you very much. 🙂
Hello, can you please tell me the brand of vegan yogurt you prefer to use in your pound cake? Thanks.
Hello! The best would probably be Forager (cashew milk) plain yogurt, but you can also use any of the following brands in plain or vanilla flavor: Silk, Nancy’s, Kite Hill, Oatly, Siggis, etc.