We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Best Vegan Lemon Cookies Recipe
These easy vegan lemon cookies are so incredibly soft, chewy, puffy and packed with flavor!
They’re made with freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
The texture of these cookies is absolutely irresistible, and the lemony flavors really come through!
These are perfect to make in the summertime, and are also a hit during the holidays or for occasions like Mother’s Day or Birthday Parties.Baking with lemon over the years has made it one of my favorite flavors ever.
The citrus flavor is so delicious when lightly sweetened and paired with vanilla in a dessert.
The cookies are also completed with a light rolling in sugar before baking – this adds a nice texture as well as some sweetness and sparkle!
One Bowl Lemon Crinkle Cookies Recipe
I am all about one bowl recipes – it makes cleanup a breeze and makes me want to bake more often!
These cookies are ready in under 30 minutes and look so great on a dessert table.
I love the cracked/crinkled look these get after baking, they puff up so well and I love the way it looks.
Crinkle cookies are all the rage right now, and this recipe pairs the trend with a unique lemony vanilla flavor.
These lemon cookies seriously do melt in your mouth.
Think of them as having the texture of a snickerdoodle but the delicious lemon flavor of a lemon loaf!
- All-Purpose Flour – Can also be substituted with a gluten free 1:1 flour blend!
- Granulated Sugar – You can use a substitute like coconut sugar, but it will change the color of the cookies.
- Vegan Butter – Be sure to use room temperature butter sticks and not from a tub.
- Flax Egg – The egg substitute that adds moisture and helps bind everything together.
- Lemon Juice & Zest – I’ve found that this combination gives you the best overall lemony flavor!
- Vanilla – The perfect compliment to the buttery lemon flavor.
- Leaveners – I use a combination of baking soda and cream of tartar to give a perfect light, puffy and chewy texture!
- Salt – Just a pinch to bring out all the wonderful flavors!
How to Make Vegan Lemon Sugar Cookies
Making the Vegan Cookie Dough
To start making these easy lemon cookies, preheat your oven to 350°F.
Then, to a large bowl add the room temperature butter and the granulated sugar.
Mix together (I find a whisk works well if the butter is room temperature) until smooth and creamy.
Then add the wet ingredients: flax egg, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well until incorporated.
Finally add the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until a dough is formed.
Shaping and Baking Lemon Cookies
Now that your dough is ready, take two tablespoon amounts at a time and roll into balls using the palms of your hands.
Roll the cookie in more cane sugar to evenly coat (you can skip this if you want to reduce the sugar, but it does help add the crinkled effect).
Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the cookies pop back up after gently pressing the top with your finger, and slightly brown on bottom. Enjoy!
That’s it – enjoy for up to five days in an airtight container or freeze for up to three months and thaw when ready!
Dairy Free Lemon Cookies with No Egg
These tangy lemon sugar cookies are seriously one of my favorite citrus desserts ever.
The sweetness of the cookie mixed with the citrus flavor just works so well, and makes you crave these cookies!
Totally irresistible and so incredibly easy to make, you’ll love this simple recipe!
Most of the ingredients in this recipe are available at your local grocery store.
If you want a replacement for the flax egg in this recipe, you can also use 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup mashed banana, or 1/4 cup vegan yogurt!
This recipe is:
- Soft & Chewy
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
Check out these other delicious lemony vegan desserts!
Pin this for later!
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cane Sugar + more to coat
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter, room temp
- 1 Flax Egg*
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Cream of Tarter**
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar and room temperature vegan butter until creamy.
- Add the flax egg, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour in the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix until a dough is formed.
- Take 2 tbsp amounts of dough and roll into balls using the palms of your hands.
- Roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart on a baking tray.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the cookies pop back up after gently pressing the top with your finger, and slightly brown on bottom. Enjoy!
*1 Tbsp Ground Flax or Chia seed mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit for 5-10 min.
**You can also use baking soda, but the texture is better with cream of tartar!
***If you want a replacement for the flax egg in this recipe, you can also use 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup mashed banana, or 1/4 cup vegan yogurt!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g