We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Best Vegan Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This vegan breakfast burrito is filled with delicious ingredients and is so quick and easy to make.
Sometimes you need something a little heartier than oatmeal or cereal, you need a protein-packed burrito to keep you full and energized throughout the morning!
These burritos are filled with potatoes, beans, avocado, tofu, peppers, salsa taco seasoning and fresh cilantro!
So easy to make and also so customizable, these are the ultimate way to start the day.I’ve always been a fan of savory breakfasts, they always give me so much energy for the day.
These burritos are all I want in the morning!
Filling, delicious, budget-friendly and packed with flavor.
Feel free to add tempeh bacon, veggie sausage, vegan cheese or anything else you’d like!
Vegetarian Tofu Scramble Burrito
I just use one pan to make these delicious vegan burritos.
Cook the potato hash and the tofu scramble separately and then place them in bowls.
I even heated the finished burrito in the same pan, it makes clean up so easy!
- Tofu – Adds tons of flavor and an egg-like texture, I used extra-firm.
- Potato – The base of the hash brown filling, any kind is fine.
- Beans – Extra protein and texture, any type will do!
- Avocado – Adds creaminess and a healthy fat.
- Peppers – Any veggies are fine, I love adding peppers to my breakfast.
- Salsa – My go to is either verde or mild chunky!
- Cilantro – Adds freshness and flavor, can also use fresh parsley.
- Oil – Any neutral oil, I used olive.
- Taco Seasoning – This keeps things easy, you can also make your own by combining paprika, garlic, cumin, chili, oregano, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
- Large Tortillas – Use large burrito sized or make breakfast tacos!
How to Make a Vegan Tofu Burrito
Preparing the Potato Filling
To make the delicious potato hash, start by adding two tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat.
Add in the chopped potatoes and cook this for about 5 minutes, stirring often, then toss in the chopped peppers for another 4-6 minutes.
Once both have softened (I test this by poking them with a fork and seeing if it goes in easily), add the black beans and one tablespoon of taco seasoning.
Stir well and cook another couple minutes before removing from heat and setting aside.
Making the Tofu Scramble
Add a tablespoon of oil back to the same pan and then crumble in the block of tofu, no need to press it.
Add the remaining taco seasoning and cook it for about five minutes, stirring often and squishing down any larger tofu chunks.
If you want to the scramble to have a bit more moisture, add another drizzle of oil or a little water for it to soak up.
I like to place both in bowls while I assemble the burritos, it’s great if you’re entertaining or just want to keep things tidy and organized!
Assembling Vegan Burritos
Finally, it’s time to make the vegan burrito!
Take your large tortilla and add the potato mixture, tofu, avocado, salsa and freshly chopped cilantro to the lower half of the tortilla, about an inch and a half above the bottom.
Fold the sides over and pull the bottom layer over the filling, gently pressing down.
Then simply roll upwards until completely wrapped – see the recipe video in this post for a visual if needed.
You can serve as is, or carefully place the burrito back in the pan for a bit to heat it and get a slight crispiness!
Just cook until both sides have browned!
Plant Based Potato Breakfast Burrito
You can really customize these burritos and make them with any vegetables or beans you’d like!
Any leftover veggies you need to use up in the fridge, or you could even just make the hash with some avocado and salsa.
These burritos are so perfect for meal prepping for a quick and filling breakfast on busy days.
You can also fix these up for a slow weekend brunch with friends or family, there will be plenty to go around!
- These burritos can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can also freeze these burritos by wrapping them in tin foil. Heat in the oven until warm and crispy, or remove the tin foil and wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave for 3-5 minutes or until warm!
These breakfast burritos are:
- Plant Based
- Ready in 30 Minutes
Check out there other delicious vegan breakfasts:
- 1 Block Extra-Firm Tofu
- 2 Medium Potatoes, chopped
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained
- 2-3 Avocados
- 1 Pepper, cored & chopped
- Salsa of choice
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- Large Tortillas
- Add 2 tbsp oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add chopped potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add chopped pepper and cook another 4-6 minutes or until both are softened.
- Add black beans and 1 tbsp taco seasoning and stir well. Cook another couple minutes and then remove from heat and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil and crumble in the tofu, no need to press.
- Add remaining taco seasoning (or use this tofu scramble recipe) and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add a little water or oil and let it soak into the tofu if you want it to have more moisture.
- Assemble the potato mixture, tofu, avocado, salsa and cilantro onto the lower half of a tortilla. Fold the edges over and pull the bottom layer over the filling, gently pressing down. Roll upwards all the way and place back in the pan to heat if desired, or serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 524mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 14gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g