We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: February 5, 2023)
Easy Homemade Vegan Tortillas
These vegan tortillas are incredibly easy to make and have the best soft texture!
Made with just four simple pantry ingredients and ready in minutes.
Homemade tortillas are not only super budget-friendly, but they are so much more soft, flavorful and delicious than store-bought. There’s nothing better than a fresh tortilla made from scratch!
These dairy-free and plant-based tortillas are perfect for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, wraps, and more.
Try these with my other recipes: Spicy Potato Soft Tacos, Vegan Cauliflower Tacos, Vegan Tofu Quesadilla, or Vegan Breakfast Burrito.
- All-Purpose Flour – The best flour for this recipe, unbleached or bleached.
- Salt – A good pinch of salt to give the tortillas flavor.
- Water – Room-temperature water is best.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is a good option, you can also use melted vegan butter for added flavor.
How to Make Plant-Based Vegan Tortillas
Making the Dairy-Free Tortilla Dough
In a bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Add the water and olive oil and mix by hand until a dough forms.
Knead for a few minutes until dough is elastic and smooth. Let rest for 15 minutes.
Cooking and Serving Vegan Tortillas
On a flat, floured surface, roll out dough until it is roughly a seven inch circle. The best way to do this is by turning the dough slightly each time you roll it out.
Heat a pan over medium heat and cook tortillas for about one minute on each side, until browned on both sides.
These vegetarian tortillas keep pretty well–I like to keep them in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
The best way to heat them up before serving is on the stove or in the microwave.
This recipe is:
- Soft & Tender
- Vegan & Vegetarian
Pin this for later!
Easy Vegan Tortillas
The best soft homemade vegan tortillas made with four ingredients! Easy dairy-free and plant-based tortilla recipe for beginners.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Add the water and olive oil and mix by hand until a dough forms.
- Knead for a few minutes until dough is elastic and smooth. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces and form into balls by pulling the top portion of the dough down toward the bottom (see video for example).
- On a flat, floured surface, roll out dough until it is roughly a seven inch circle. The best way to do this is by turning the dough slightly each time you roll it out.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and cook tortillas for about one minute on each side, until browned on both sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
2 thoughts on “Easy Vegan Tortillas”