We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: December 15, 2022)
Best Pistachio Muffins Recipe
These delicious pistachio muffins are moist, fluffy and rich, with a crunchy muffin top!
They’re packed with flavors of pistachio nuts, almond and vanilla, and are so quick and easy to make.
Pistachio is one of my favorite flavors in desserts, and using pudding mix in the muffin batter is an incredibly easy way to pack in flavor without much effort.
These are a new favorite in my house and I know you’re going to love them!
Baking with pistachios is so much fun, and so delicious!
I love the green hue it adds to baked goods, and the unique flavor is unlike anything else.
Almond and Pistachio Pudding Mix Muffins
I love how versatile muffins can be–from double chocolate to matcha and everything in between.
Pistachio used to be one of my favorite ice cream flavors (and macarons), and that classic nutty flavor is so amazing in muffin form!
To make it even better, adding some vanilla and almond extract adds even more depth of flavor to these muffins and keeps you coming back for more.
Perfect as a dessert or a breakfast and great for children and adults!
- Sugar – Plain, white sugar is best for sweetness and color.
- Oat Milk – Feel free to use your favorite milk!
- Vegetable Oil – Any neutral oil like canola is also fine.
- Flax Egg – This helps bind and add moisture like an egg would. If you’re not vegan an egg can also be used instead.
- Vanilla & Almond Extract – I love these flavors mixed with the pistachio! Especially the almond.
- Pistachio Pudding Mix – This is the easiest way to pack these muffins full of pistachio flavor!
- All-Purpose Flour – Bleached is best, but unbleached will work too!
- Baking Powder & Soda – To help the muffins rise and get nice and fluffy.
- Salt – To bring out all the pistachio almond flavors.
- Toppings – I topped my muffins with a few pistachio nuts and some raw sugar for extra texture.
How to Make Vegan Pistachio Muffins
Making the Pudding Mix Batter
To make these muffins, start by preheating your oven to 425°F. Then, Line a muffin tray with 9 wrappers and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the sugar, oat milk, vegetable oil, flax egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the pudding mix and mix until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix just until combined.
Topping and Baking Pistachio Nut Muffins
Evenly scoop batter into prepared muffin tins. Top with pistachio nuts and raw sugar.
Finally, Bake for 8 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 8-13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean without any wet batter on it. Cool and enjoy!
You can store these muffins in an airtight container on the counter for about four or five days.
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Easy to Make
Try these other tasty vegan muffin recipes next!
The Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Vegan Raspberry Crunch Muffins
Pin this for later!
Best Ever Pistachio Muffins (bakery-style)
These delicious pistachio muffins are soft and moist, with a crunchy bakery-style top! A tasty pistachio almond flavor that's also vegan!
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Oat Milk*
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Flax Egg*
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Box Pistachio Pudding Mix (3.4 oz.)
- 1 2/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Raw Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a muffin tray with 9 wrappers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, oat milk, vegetable oil, flax egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pudding mix and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix just until combined.
- Evenly scoop batter into prepared muffin tins. Top with pistachio nuts and raw sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 8-13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean without any wet batter on it. Cool and enjoy!
*Feel free to use your favorite milk!
*1 Tbsp ground flax or chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water, let sit 5 minutes. This acts in place of an egg for binding and moisture. If you are not vegan an egg can also be used.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 307mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
9 thoughts on “Best Ever Pistachio Muffins (bakery-style)”
Pistachio is one of my favorite flavors, and these muffins are so easy to make (and tasty, too). Thanks for the recipe.
I Made for a gathering and it was a hit, everyone loved it! Will definitely make it again!
So happy to hear that! 🙂
I’m a sucker for pistachios. I saw your pin on Pinterest and had to try it. Delicious!
These muffins were a HUGE hit! I’ll be remaking these during the holidays, thank you!
Thank you!! 🙂