We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Easy Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe
These vegan banana muffins are so moist, fluffy and perfectly spiced!
I love using fresh bananas in baking, they add the best flavor and so much moisture to the baked good.
Adding in some cinnamon and nutmeg makes for the most comforting and delicious muffins ever!
I also added some vanilla and chopped walnuts for added flavor and texture.The perfect banana nut muffins have a slight crunch on top and a warm and fluffy muffin center!
Adding some walnuts and raw sugar really helps to add to that crunch and give it even more texture.
The mashed banana also helps make the center so soft and delicious.
Best Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
These muffins are so quick and easy to make, and also incredibly simple to make vegan!
The banana adds all the moisture, flavor and binding that you need in place of eggs.
A splash of plant milk and a little oil are all you need in place of non-vegan ingredients.
I also added a bit of apple cider vinegar – I love adding this to a lot of my vegan baking because it helps make the texture so fluffy and soft!
I used a little less sugar in these muffins than I normally would, because the bananas add a lot of sweetness as well!
This makes the muffins perfect for dessert or as a quick breakfast on the go.
The cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and banana flavors pair perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea!
How to Make Vegan Muffins
Preparing the Muffin Batter
To start making these easy muffins, begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, simply mix your dry ingredients in one bowl except for the sugar.
In a large bowl, mash your bananas with a fork or a potato masher until smooth and no large banana pieces are left.
To this bowl, add the sugar and the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
Add the dry into the wet and mix just until there are no visible flour clumps, then stir in the chopped walnuts evenly.
Topping and Baking Banana Muffins
Now, add twelve muffin wrappers to a muffin tray and fill each about 3/4 full of batter.
Top with more chopped walnuts pieces and a light dusting of raw sugar – this adds some nice texture to the top!
Finally, bake for 22-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, without any wet batter on it.
Let the muffins cool for about five minutes in the pan, and then transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool, then enjoy!
Easy Dairy Free Muffins Recipe
These vegan muffins are perfect for anyone who is vegan, dairy free or egg free in their diet.
They’re also just a wonderful treat for eaters of all kinds!
They’re ready in no time and smell incredible as they bake, and are the ultimate banana nut muffins!
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
Check out these other easy vegan treats!
Pin this for later!
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Plant Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts, chopped + more to top
- Raw Sugar to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, add the three ripe bananas and mash with a fork or a potato masher well. Add sugar, oil, plant milk, vinegar and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix with a spatula just until there are no flour clumps, try not to overmix.
- Add walnuts and fold until incorporated evenly.
- Place 12 muffin wrappers in a muffin tray and fill each 3/4 full of batter.
- Top with more chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of raw sugar.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean without any wet batter on it.
- Let cool for five minutes in the tray and then place on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g