We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: July 26, 2022)
Easy Baked Strawberry Donuts
These delicious baked strawberry donuts are filled with juicy strawberry chunks!
They’re then topped with a strawberry-powdered sugar mixture that is so sweet and fruity.
These easy baked cake donuts are made in one bowl and ready in under 30 minutes.
The best quick and fuss-free dessert that is also dairy free and egg free!
Baked donuts are a great alternative to fried, and they are so quick and easy to make!
They are my go-to dessert on so many occasions, try these other baked vegan donuts next if you’d like: Baked Blueberry Glazed Donuts, Rainbow Sprinkle Glazed Donuts, Vegan Apple Cider Donuts, Vegan Coffee Cake Donuts, Champagne Donuts.
Vegan Strawberry Powdered Donuts Recipe
I just love these fluffy strawberry donuts – the bright red pops of color and sweet flavor is so delicious and irresistible!
Then all you need for the coating is powdered sugar mixed with strawberry powder.
You can buy this powder at many grocery stores (especially Whole Foods etc.), or simply buy freeze-dried strawberries and give them a quick blend in a blender or food processor!
- Strawberries – Use ripe strawberries for the best flavor! Remove the stems and cut into 1/2 inch or so pieces.
- Oat Milk & Vinegar – This makes a sort of “buttermilk” that adds richness to the donuts and helps them rise too.
- Sugar – Plain, white sugar looks best in these donuts.
- Flax Egg – A combination of one tablespoon ground flax or chia seeds mixed with three tablespoons water – within five minutes they will thicken and can be used in place of an egg for moisture, binding and texture.
- Vegetable Oil – Any neutral oil is fine.
- Vanilla – To add more depth of flavor!
- All-Purpose Flour – You can also use a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
- Baking Powder & Soda – To help the donuts get nice and fluffy.
- Salt – To bring out all the fruity flavor.
- Coating – A simple combination of powdered sugar and strawberry powder! You can buy the powder at most stores, otherwise just blend freeze-dried strawberries until finely ground.
How to Make Baked Strawberry Donuts
Making the Dairy Free Donut Batter
To make your strawberry donut batter, start by preheating the oven and lightly greasing a donut pan.
Then, mix together the chopped strawberries with two tablespoons of your flour – this will help them evenly distribute throughout the donut and not all end up on the bottom.
In a large bowl, mix together the milk and vinegar, then add the sugar, flax egg, oil and vanilla and mix well.
Add the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
Then fold in your strawberry chunks!
Baking Cake Doughnuts
Now time to fill the donut pan – I recommend pouring the batter into a piping bag or a large Ziploc, cutting off about 1/2 inch of the corner and piping into the pan molds almost all the way up.
You can also just scoop it in if you don’t have a bag – then I like to flatten out the tops with a wet spoon.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean, without any wet batter on it.
Cool for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Once fully cooled, mix together the powdered sugar and strawberry powder, and then press the donuts one by one into the sugar, generously packing them down on all sides, and sprinkling some into the centers. Enjoy immediately!
These donuts are the perfect summer treat – you could also add a chocolate glaze (like for my Vegan Double Chocolate Donuts) instead of the powdered sugar for chocolate-covered-strawberry donuts!
These donuts should be served immediately after coating with the strawberry powdered sugar – if left to sit for too long (over an hour or two and especially if it’s hot out) the sugar will begin to melt.
The uncoated donuts can be kept in an airtight container, preferably in the fridge, for up to three or four days. You can always powder them later right before serving.
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
Try these other tasty strawberry desserts!
Pin this for later!
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 2/3 Cup Oat Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Flax Egg*
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Strawberry Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, lightly grease a donut pan.
- Mix together the chopped strawberries with two tablespoons of the flour, set aside.
- Mix together the oat milk and vinegar in a large bowl. Then add the sugar, flax egg, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Add the strawberries and fold in evenly.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, fill the donut pan almost all the way to the top and smooth the tops if desired for a rounder donut.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean without any wet batter on it.
- Cool 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once fully cooled, mix together the powdered sugar and strawberry powder, and then press the donuts one by one into the sugar, generously packing them down on all sides, and sprinkling some into the centers. Serve immediately!
*1 Tbsp ground flax or chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g