We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: December 22, 2022)
Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
This vegan strawberry rhubarb crumble recipe is the ultimate summertime dessert!
Made with sweet, juicy strawberries and fresh rhubarb, this recipe comes together in no time and makes the whole home smell incredible while baking.
Perfect when served with vanilla ice cream that gets all melty in the warm dessert.
The best crumble with subtle flavors of vanilla and orange – there’s nothing better!
I love throwing this recipe into the oven right before dinner because it’s ready to enjoy as soon as you’re done!
Way easier than making a homemade pie and just as delicious.
Vegan strawberry crumbles are so underrated, they deserve the spot light in summertime!
So incredibly easy to make and great for serving after dinner as you can get eight servings from one pan!
The crunchy cookie streusel on top paired with the fruity and flavorful filling is just perfection.
- Strawberries – Perfectly ripe, juicy strawberries are the star of this recipe.
- Rhubarb – Adds a slight sour, tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with sweet strawberries!
- Sugar – You don’t need much in this recipe, you can even reduce a bit further to taste and especially if serving with ice cream!
- Vanilla – Just a dash adds a ton of depth.
- Cornstarch – Just a little helps the filling be nice and thick, more like jam and less like soup.
- Orange Juice – You can also use lemon juice, but the orange is fantastic in this recipe!
- Cookie Topping – A simple combination of flour, sugar, vegan butter, cinnamon and a little salt!
How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
Making the Fresh Fruit Filling
To make this easy strawberry rhubarb crunch, start by preheating your oven and lightly greasing your pie pan.
Then, add in all the filling ingredients directly into the pie pan and mix well – mixing in the pie pan makes clean up a breeze!
Making the Streusel Topping
Then, mix together your topping ingredients in a small bowl, add in the cold butter and cut in with a fork or your hands until it has a sandy texture.
Sprinkle evenly over the filling and gently press down.
Bake until the filling is hot and bubbly and the topping is golden brown!
It will be very hot right out of the oven, so let it cool until it’s just warm, then serve with ice cream!
While this is of course best served warm out of the oven, you can also cover it and store it in the fridge for about 3-4 days, just warm it up in the microwave!
Crumbles, crisps and cobblers are the most versatile and fuss-free desserts to make – if you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, now is the time!
No Oats Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
Rhubarb is such a fun ingredient to experiment with, I’m excited to start throwing it into more things, maybe even adding it to my Vegan Strawberry Pop Tart recipe!
The perfect addition to any sweet fruits to add a more balanced flavor!
I loved how this recipe turned out, made with a super simple cookie topping without oats, just a crunchy flour, sugar and butter mixture.
This recipe is:
- Made Without Oats
Try some of my other favorite vegan dessert recipes!
For the Filling
- 2 Cups Strawberries
- 2 Cups Rhubarb
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Lemon or Orange Juice
For the Topping
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Vegan Butter Stick, cold
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch circle pie pan.
- Wash the fruit. Cut the tops off the strawberries and quarter. Trim the ends off the rhubarb and cut into 1/2 inch pieces, add both to the pie pan.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, cornstarch and juice to pie pan and mix well.
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon, mix well. Add the cold butter in small cubes and work in with a fork or your hands until sandy.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over filling and gently press down.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and top is golden brown. If needed, you can carefully broil for just a bit towards the end to help with browning.
- Cool until just warm and serve with dairy-free vanilla ice cream!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g