We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: March 16, 2022)
*This post is sponsored by Bakery on Main, all opinions are mine alone.
No Bake Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
This easy vegan strawberry cheesecake recipe is rich, creamy and packed with flavor!
The cheesecake filling is flavored with maple, vanilla and lemon, and it’s topped with a two-ingredient berry topping.
It’s the best dairy free cashew based cake made with just a handful of all natural ingredients!
Raw Cashew Berry Cheesecake
No-bake cheesecakes are some of my favorite things to make when I’m short on time in the kitchen and need something easy and tasty.
These non dairy cakes are super crowd-friendly and everyone is always amazed that it’s vegan and made with raw ingredients!
I especially love making berry-topped cashew cheesecakes in the warmer months because they’re super refreshing.
Sometimes I also love to add a drizzle of chocolate to the cakes when serving, the flavor possibilities are endless!
- Bakery on Main Organic Double Chocolate Granola Bars – These tasty bars are packed with beneficial nutrients and wholesome ingredients, and are gluten-free too! If you don’t have access to them you can use the date & almond crust I use in my Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake recipe.
- Cashews – Soaked cashews make the perfect creamy cream cheese replacement!
- Coconut Milk – Be sure to use full-fat coconut milk from a can to get the perfect consistency. If your can is cold the cream will separate from the water, mix it up or gently heat it until creamy again.
- Maple Syrup – To add the right amount of sweetness.
- Coconut Oil – To help the cake hold its structure.
- Lemon Juice – This really helps add that tangy cheesecake flavor!
- Vanilla Extract – A necessity for flavoring this cake!
- Salt – Just a pinch to bring out all the flavors.
- Berry Topping – A simple mixture of berries and lemon juice reduced into a yummy jam topping.
How to Make Dairy Free Cheesecake
Making the Non Dairy Cashew Filling
To make this easy raw vegan cheesecake, start by gently pressing the granola bars into a lightly-greased 8×8 circle springform pan, then place in the freezer while you make the filling.
You will want to soak your cashews overnight in room-temperature water, or in hot water for at least an hour before blending – this will make sure your cheesecake is nice and creamy.
To make the filling, add the cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla and salt to a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
Depending on your blender, you may need to scrape down the sides a couple times.
Pour over the crust and spread out, then return the pan to the freezer to set.
Making the Berry Topping
To make the easy mixed berry topping, add the berries and lemon juice to a pan over medium/low heat. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until reduced into a jam.
Then allow it to cool a bit and then pour over the cheesecake filling and spread out evenly.
Return the cake to the freezer to set for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
Before serving, let the cake sit out on the counter for 20 minutes and then remove the sides when you’re able.
Cut into slices and enjoy at birthdays, graduations, BBQs, holidays or just after dinner!
HOW LONG CAN I STORE THIS CAKE?
This cake can be stored in the freezer for a month or two, but I prefer enjoying it soon after it sets.
CAN I ADD OTHER FLAVORS?
Yes! You can top this cake with anything you’d like – chocolate, blueberries, almond butter and more!
Best Raw Vegan Cake Recipe
I love to keep my dessert recipes as familiar as possible, while keeping the ingredients easy to find and totally vegan
I prefer my desserts to be tofu free and instead love the result of using blended cashews in this recipe!
They have a very mild flavor that is the perfect base to add to – and the lemon juice and vanilla really give this cake the perfect flavor!
This berry cheesecake recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Tangy & Fresh
- Easy to Make
- Made with Simple Ingredients
- 8 Bakery on Main Organic Double Chocolate Granola Bars
- 2 Cups Cashews (soaked)*
- 2/3 Cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk (from a can)
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Mixed Berries
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Gently press granola bars into a lightly-greased 8x8 circle springform pan. Place in the freezer.**
- In a blender, add the soaked cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla and salt and mix until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the walls a couple times depending on your blender.
- Pour over crust and smooth out. Return to freezer.
- To make your berry topping, add the berries and lemon juice to a pan over medium/low heat. Cook about 8-10 minutes or until reduced into a jam, stirring often.
- Allow to cool a bit and then pour over cheesecake filling and evenly spread out.
- Return to freezer for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight to set.
- Let thaw on the counter for 20 minutes before serving, then remove sides of pan and cut into slices and enjoy!
*Soak overnight in room temperature water or in hot water for at least an hour to soften.
**If you don't have access to the granola bars, you can use the date and almond crust I use in my Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g