We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: November 12, 2022)
Glazed Baked Vegan Donuts
These tasty baked vegan donuts have the best vanilla flavor and the prettiest rainbow colors!
Made with a simple cake base that is so moist and fluffy, and topped with sweet vanilla glaze.
These donuts are ready in under 25 minutes and are so fun to make.
The easiest homemade dairy free and egg free donuts with a brilliant, rich vanilla flavor!
While not all sprinkles are considered vegan, there are many brands who are, feel free to explore this list to find some near you!
You can use any sort of colors you’d like – have fun making these match the color themes at birthdays, weddings, holidays, graduation parties and more.
Plant Based Vegetarian Cake Donuts
I absolutely love making homemade baked donuts – not only are they healthier than fried donuts, but they are just so much fun to make.
The batter comes together in minutes, and then you get to pipe the batter into the pan, bake and decorate to your heart’s content.
Totally yeast free, vegan and perfect for just about any occasion or dietary restriction.
Feel free to use a gluten-free flour blend as well if you’d like!
- All-Purpose Flour – You can also use a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
- Baking Powder & Soda – To help these donuts rise and get super fluffy!
- Salt – To bring out the simple flavors!
- Almond Milk – You can use any milk alternative you like.
- White Sugar – You can also use coconut sugar but it may effect the color.
- Vegan Butter – Just a little melted butter to add richness and some fat to the donuts.
- Vanilla – The main flavor in the donuts and glaze.
- Vinegar – This helps to aid in rising the donuts.
- Vanilla Glaze – A simple blend of powdered sugar, vanilla and almond milk!
- Rainbow Sprinkles – Use any vegan sprinkles you’d like!
How to Make Vegan Donuts
Making the Easy Donut Batter
To make these plant based donuts, start by mixing the almond milk and vinegar together, then set aside.
This becomes a sort of vegan buttermilk, and adds richness to the donuts while also helping them rise.
Then, preheat your oven and lightly grease your donut pan.
Mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients with the sugar in another.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined, being careful not to overmix.
Place the batter in a piping bag or a Ziploc, snip off a 1/2 inch hole in a corner of the bag and fill your donut pans 3/4 full with batter, then use a spoon to smooth out the tops.
Baking and Serving Sprinkle Donuts
Bake the donuts for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly brown.
Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Then, whisk together your glaze, dip donuts in half way and let the excess drizzle off, then press down into a plate full of rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!
These donuts can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for about three days. I don’t recommend keeping them on the counter as they may become too moist.
Dairy Free and Egg Free Doughnuts
These donuts are made using some of the simplest pantry ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I always try to keep my recipes as simple and familiar as possible – I don’t like using any expensive or hard-to-find ingredients if I can help it, and there’s usually always an alternative to something I need.
I’m so happy with how these donuts turned out, and I know you’re going to love their vanilla flavor and fluffy texture! Try my Vegan Beignets for a unique donut recipe!
This recipe is:
- Easy to Make
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Yeast Free
- Plant Based
Try these other tasty vegan donut recipes!
For the Donuts
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk*
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Vinegar
For the Glaze
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1-3 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Vegan Rainbow Sprinkles
- Mix together the almond milk and vinegar, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a normal sized donut pan*.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the almond milk mixture, sugar, melted vegan butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Place batter into a piping bag or a Ziploc, snip off about 1/2 inch of a corner and fill donut pan about 3/4 full with batter, then use a spoon to smooth out the tops.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until donut edges are lightly brown
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, remove and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together glaze, dip donuts in halfway and let the excess drizzle off, then dip into a plate filled with rainbow sprinkles and enjoy!
*I used almond milk, you can use any milk alternative you like.
*If you don't have a donut pan, you can lightly grease a muffin tray and add a ball of aluminum foil to the middles before adding the dough. It won't work quite as well but is a great option if that's all you have! If you are using a mini donut pan, reduce by a few minutes and keep an eye on them for that golden brown color.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 2g