We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Easy Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
These soft and fluffy vegan vanilla cupcakes are so simple and irresistible!
They are just the right amount of sweet and have a super light and delicious vanilla cake.
Topped off with a perfectly smooth and creamy vegan vanilla buttercream frosting, you’ll never be able to tell they’re vegan!Sometimes the simple things are the best things – and there’s nothing better than a classic freshly baked vanilla cupcake!
There’s no occasion where these sweet vanilla cupcakes are not welcome, and they are ready in no time.
You can always add sprinkles, and you can style the frosting anyway you’d like, I love the simple swirl effect though!
Frosted Vegan Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Vegan butter has really revolutionized vegan baking in my opinion!
At room-temperature the vegan butter in this buttercream frosting whips up to a light, airy and creamy sweet frosting with a hint of vanilla.
Then you can get creative with frosting your cupcakes, it holds up to any piping style!
How to Make Vegan Vanilla Cake
Making the Vanilla Cupcake Batter
To make your cupcake batter, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and mixing together the plant milk and apple cider vinegar and letting it sit for at least 5 minutes.
This will create a sort of vegan “buttermilk”.
Then whisk together your flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until thoroughly mixed.
Add to this the vegan “buttermilk” along with the oil and vanilla extract and mix just until there are no dry bits left.
You want to mix as little as possible so your cupcakes will be light and fluffy, if you over mix they may become more dense and chewy.
Then add wrappers to your cupcake tray and fill with batter about 3/4 full, it should make about 8 cupcakes.
Baking Vegan Cupcakes
Bake for about 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean!
Let the cupcakes sit in the tray for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool.
Making Vegan Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
To make your vegan buttercream, start by mixing the room-temperature vegan butter until it’s light and airy, you can use an electric mixer or whisk vigorously by hand.
To this add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar one cup at a time until the desired thickness is reached.
If the frosting is a little thick, you can add a tablespoon of plant milk; if it’s too runny, you can add another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, etc.
Once your cupcakes are fully cooled you can add the frosting to a piping bag and swirl it on top, or use a Ziploc bag and snip off about 1/2 inch of a corner.
You can also just use a butter knife to spread it on top, totally up to you!
Best Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes Ever
These delicious vegan cupcakes are so simple and yet so tasty.
They’re also the perfect base for adding food coloring or sprinkles to make them funfetti!
Feel free to get creative with these cupcakes, but they are also just perfect as is!
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
Check out these other vegan desserts!
Pin this for later!
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 Cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Plant Milk
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Neutral Oil
- 3/4 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
For the Frosting:
- 1 Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Tbsp Plant Milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- For the cake, mix together the plant milk and apple cider vinegar, and set aside for about 5 minutes to curdle (this will create a "buttermilk").
- Whisk togethher the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Add vegan "buttermilk" mixture, oil and vanilla to dry ingredients and mix just until there are no dry bits left. You don't want to over mix or else the cupcakes could become more dense and chewy, little mixing means light and fluffy cupcakes!
- Fill a cupcake tray with wrappers and fill with batter 3/4 full, you should have about 8 cupcakes.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- While they bake, start on the frosting: mix your room temperature vegan butter with an electric mixer, or by hand, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar one cup at a time until frosting is thick. If it's too thick you can add a tablespoon of plant milk, if it's too runny you can add another 1/2 or so of powdered sugar.
- Once cupcakes are baked, let them sit in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack until fully cooled.
- Add frosting to a piping bag if you have one, otherwise you can simply use a butter knife to frost them. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330