We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: November 7, 2022)
*This post is sponsored by Bakery on Main. All opinions are mine alone.
Easy Vegan French Toast Casserole
This vegan French toast casserole is incredibly rich, flavorful and easy to make!
It’s in the oven in no time, and is perfect for serving up to six people at breakfast.
You can also make it the night before, and just pop it in the oven the morning you need it.
Super delicious and made with simple pantry ingredients!
This French toast bake is topped with Bakery on Main’s Cinnamon Granola!
It’s a delicious blend of assorted nuts and seeds, flavored with cinnamon, pecans, coconut and sea salt. I think it’s my new favorite from them, the flavor and textures are so tasty!
It’s also keto-certified and gluten-free, with only 3g net carbs and no artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols. So perfect for adding to any breakfast recipe, or just enjoying with almond milk.
Crunchy granola is the ultimate topping to French toast in my opinion–and especially this baked version!
Eggless Dairy-Free French Toast Bake
Typical French toast is made with lots of eggs and dairy–but you’ll never be able to tell this bake is vegan!
Made with non-dairy milk and butter, and thickened with a bit of cornstarch in place of eggs.
I find that this mixture helps the French toast be moist and form into a loaf just like eggs would do.
It’s really as simple as that–just a couple substitutions for a simple and super cozy breakfast! Try my Vegan French Toast too if you love the traditional version, with simple vegan swaps!
- Bakery on Main Cinnamon Granola – The best crunchy, cozy granola for this breakfast recipe.
- Vegan Bread – Try to use a nice bakery loaf that is vegan.
- Almond Milk – Oat or soy are also some of my favorites to bake with!
- Brown Sugar – To add a bit more flavor and just the right amount of sweetness.
- Cornstarch – This helps to thicken the milk mixture in place of eggs.
- Cinnamon& Nutmeg – These make the bake smell so good!
- Vanilla – To add more layers of flavor.
- Salt – Just a little to bring out all the cozy flavors.
- Topping – A simple mixture of vegan butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. This makes it golden brown and adds a sweet, flavor to the top!
How to Make Vegan French Toast Casserole
Making the Eggless Milk Mixture
To make this easy dairy-free French toast, start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8×8 pan (11×6 also works) and set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the almond milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt. Set aside to thicken a bit.
Cut bread into about 1 inch cubes, then place into the bowl with the milk mixture and mix to evenly coat.
Pour into prepared baking tray, evenly sprinkle granola on top of the bread and set aside. Mix butter together topping and then crumble evenly over the French toast.
Baking and Serving Sweet Breakfast Casserole
Bake for 38-45 minutes, or until golden on top.
Let it cool a bit and then cut into slices!
You can serve it with maple syrup and powdered sugar like I did, or feel free to get creative and add some dairy-free whipped cream, fruit or chocolate sauce!
This can be stored, covered, in the fridge for two or three days. You can reheat in the microwave, or if you want more texture, heat in the oven at 350°F until warmed through.
This recipe is:
- Rich & Buttery
- Easy to Make
- Dairy-Free & Eggless
Try these other tasty vegan breakfast recipes!
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Pop Tarts
Pin this for later!
Vegan French Toast Casserole
This vegan french toast casserole recipe is flavorful, delicious and so easy to make! The best cozy baked french toast made without eggs.
- 1/3 Cup Bakery on Main Cinnamon Granola
- 1Ib Vegan Bread
- 2 1/3 Cups Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt. Set aside to thicken a bit.
- Cut bread into about 1 inch cubes.
- Place bread cubes into the bowl with the milk mixture and mix to evenly coat.
- Pour into prepared baking tray, evenly sprinkle granola on top of the bread and set aside.
- Mix together topping and then crumble evenly over the french toast.
- Bake for 38-45 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 13gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
13 thoughts on “Vegan French Toast Casserole”