We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: April 30, 2023)
Easy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
These easy vegan cinnamon rolls are sweet, fluffy, and so delicious.
They are easy to make, filled with a buttery brown sugar-cinnamon filling, and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze.
There’s nothing quite like a homemade cinnamon bun with freshly drizzled frosting!
The Best Ever Vegan Yeast Cinnamon Buns
These cinnamon rolls are perfect for entertaining, holiday mornings, or brunch anytime!
They are easily one of my favorite things to make, they are the simplest go-to crowd-pleaser and there’s never a bad time for cinnamon rolls.
Even if you’ve never worked with yeast and rising dough before, you’ll have no problem whipping together these delicious treats for breakfast or a late night treat.
How to Make Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Prepping and Rising the Dough
The first step in this easy cinnamon roll recipe is letting the dough rise properly.
The tastiest cinnamon roll recipes involve yeast and plenty of time to rise.
To begin, heat up a cup of almond milk and 3 tablespoons of vegan butter just until slightly warm (about 110 degrees F).
Mix in 3 tablespoons of cane sugar and then lightly sprinkle a packet of active dry yeast over the top.
Do not stir the yeast until about 5-10 minutes have passed and the mixture has become frothy/foamy. If it does not react, it’s possible your milk was too hot and killed the yeast, or that it was too cold and did not activate it. It could also have been expired, try again with another packet!
Mix in the flour and salt in 1/2 cup increments until it forms a ball. Set this aside, covered, for an hour to rise.
Filling and Baking Vegan Cinnamon Buns
Once it has about doubled in size, you can start to roll it out!
Flour a flat surface and place the dough down, sprinkling more flour on top of the dough and onto a rolling pin. Roll it out into a large rectangle about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
Do your best to make the edges as sharp as possible so the rolls are all roughly the same size.
Melt 1/4 cup of vegan butter and brush over the entire dough, then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly, leaving a 1 inch margin on the top and bottom to help seal it when you roll it up.
Starting at a short edge, tightly roll the dough up. Once you reach the end, give the crease a pinch to seal it.
Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and place in a lightly oiled baking dish, at least 13×9 – you can use a circular dish if you’d like, but it will squish them a little and you may need to bake them a few more minutes.
Allow the dough to rise again for an hour – I preheated my oven to its lowest setting (170 degrees), placed the rolls inside, turned off the heat and let them rise in there.
Finally, it’s time to bake!
Take the dish out of the oven, brush a bit more vegan butter on top, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Once preheated, place dish back in and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown on top!
You can check if they are done by taking a butter knife and pushing up the center of a roll, if you can see it’s cooked inside they are done, but if you see batter bake them a bit longer.
Allow the rolls to cool completely before drizzling the frosting on.
Once they are cool to touch, mix 1 cup vegan powdered sugar with about 2 tablespoons of plant milk and mix well.
Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls and you’re done!
If you want the frosting to be thicker and not melted, let the rolls cool almost completely before drizzling.
They should be very easy to cut and scoop out, and the frosting will form a delicious glaze!
This recipe is:
- Perfect for Breakfast!
If you’re looking for more vegan breakfasts, try my:
Pin this for later!
Easy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
These easy vegan cinnamon rolls are perfectly sweet and fluffy! Filled with cinnamon sugar swirls and a simple dairy free glaze!
For the Dough
- 1 Packet Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Cup Plant Milk
- 2 1/2 - 3 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter + more to top
For the Filling
For the Frosting
- Heat 1 cup plant milk and 3 tablespoons vegan butter until just slightly warm, about 110 degrees. Disolve 3 tablespoons cane sugar, stir, and sprinkle packet of active dry yeast over the top of the mixture.
- Allow this to sit for 5-10 minutes or until it becomes frothy/foamy. If it does nothing, your milk may have been too warm and killed the yeast, or too cold and not activated it.
- Mix up your yeast mixture and add in flour, 1/2 cup at a time while mixing in between, and salt. Roll into a ball and allow to sit, covered, for 1 hour to rise - I lightly oiled this bowl to help it not stick.
- Once it has at least doubled in size, flour a flat surface and place the dough down. Add another sprinkle of flour to the top and to a rolling pin and roll up into a large rectangle about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Brush 1/4 Cup of melted vegan butter across the entire dough, leaving a 1 inch margin at the top and bottom. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly and tightly roll up starting at the bottom and rolling up to the top.
- With a sharp knife, cut into equal sizes, about 1 1/2 inch thick. Place in a lightly oiled cooking pan at least 13x9 inch or larger, and allow to rise again, covered, for another hour*. Then preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Now brush on a little more vegan butter and bake them, uncovered, for about 25 minutes or until golden brown!
- Allow them to cool completely, then mix together your powdered sugar with about 2 tablespoons plant milk, and pour over the rolls evenly. Enjoy!
*I set my oven to its lowest setting (mine was 170 degrees), placed the pan inside and covered with a kitchen cloth. Then turned the oven off and let them rise in there as I found the warmth to help!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208
13 thoughts on “Easy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls”