We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: October 13, 2022)
Vegan Chipotle Sauce Recipe
This homemade vegan chipotle sauce recipe is incredibly creamy and tangy, with a savory, smoky flavor.
It’s so quick and easy to make (ready in under five minutes), and packs so much flavor to take your meal to the next level!
I love adding this to so many recipes, sides, entrées and more–anything I need some extra flavor for.
I usually keep it stored in a jar in the fridge and remake it whenever I need it, it’s definitely a staple in my house!
- Vegan Sour Cream – You can also use unsweetened, unflavored dairy-free yogurt instead, I slightly prefer the vegan sour cream though!
- Vegan Mayo – Any vegan brand will do, there are a few options at the stores now.
- Chipotle Peppers – Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found in the Hispanic isle at grocery stores. I use a bit of the adobo sauce as well to thin!
- Lime Juice – Freshly squeezed is best!
- Garlic Powder – You can also use fresh garlic, but the powder is fine.
- Salt – To bring out all the chipotle pepper flavors!
How to Make Dairy Free Chipotle Sauce
Blending the Sauce Ingredients
This is truly the easiest homemade sauce recipe to make!
That being said, it’s so worth the extra couple steps to have your own dairy-free chipotle sauce on hand.
To make it, all you have to do is add everything to a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth!
You may need to scrape the edges a couple times, but it will come together.
Serving Chipotle Crema Dipping Sauce
To serve this Taco Bell chipotle sauce copycat recipe, you can simply spoon onto your favorite tacos, fajitas, burgers, fries, wraps and more–anything that could use some extra flavor!
You can also place it in a Ziploc bag, snip a tiny bit of the corner off with scissors, and pipe in onto whatever you’re eating.
This is a little extra, but helps make those perfect sauce lines–like in the Spicy Potato Soft Tacos recipe above!
You can keep this sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for about four or five days for best results.
This recipe is:
- Easy to Make
- Dairy Free
Try this sauce on these other vegan recipes!
Pin this for later!
- 1 Cup Vegan Sour Cream (or unsweetened, unflavored yogurt)
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 Chipotle Peppers (in adobo sauce)*
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth--you may need to scrape the sides a couple times.
- Serve over tacos and more!
*I like to use some of the adobo sauce as well to taste--this helps to slightly thin and add more flavor!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g