We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: November 29, 2021)
Roasted Vegan Cauliflower Tacos Recipe
These easy vegan cauliflower tacos are incredibly flavorful and have the best crisp texture!
They’re tossed in a bit of oil and tasty spices and then baked to golden brown.
The tacos are finished with avocado, crunchy red cabbage and a simple cilantro lime dressing!
So much flavor and minimal effort required – these tacos are the perfect weeknight meal.You’ll be shocked at how much flavor these simple tacos have!
Cauliflower has the most irresistible texture when roasted, and the various spices really make for a savory taco filling.
The spiced cauliflower paired with the fresh and creamy vegan yogurt sauce really makes for a delicious and savory meal; you’ll hardly believe you’re just eating vegetables!
Easy Vegan Taco Filling Recipe
What I love about these vegan cauliflower tacos is how crisp and flavorful they get without any breading.
I add a sprinkle of cornstarch, but other than that it’s just olive oil and a delicious blend of spices that flavors this taco dish.
You could even put these in a lettuce wrap if you’d like!
If you want to add a little extra protein to these tacos, some of my favorite options are black or pinto beans, cubed tofu, chopped tempeh, roasted chickpeas or a dollop of hummus!
I just fry the beans, tofu, tempeh or chickpeas in some oil and similar spices until heated and add them on top!
- Cauliflower – Feel free to use any color cauliflower you’d like!
- Cornstarch – This adds a slight crispiness to the florets that I love.
- Spices – I use a combination of chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, onion, salt and black pepper.
- Olive Oil – To help the cauliflower get nicely roasted.
- Tortillas – Be sure to heat them up for best results! You can also use corn tortillas.
- Avocado – Can be added as slices or blended into the dressing!
- Red Cabbage – I love the crunch and color it gives the tacos!
- Dairy Free Yogurt – You want to buy an unflavored, unsweetened vegan yogurt.
- Cilantro – No need to remove all the stems, just blend it all up.
- Lime Juice – Fresh is best.
- Garlic Powder & Salt – Adds extra flavor to the delicious dressing.
How to Make Cauliflower Tacos
Roasting the Cauliflower Florets
To make these delicious tacos, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, give your head of cauliflower a wash and cut it into bite-sized florets. I don’t like to use any stalk pieces for this recipe, you can if you’d like, otherwise just save them for another recipe!
Add the florets to a bowl along with the oil, spices and cornstarch and mix well to evenly coat.
Place florets on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and evenly spread out.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, mixing halfway through and then set aside to cool!
Making the Cilantro Lime Dressing
While the cauliflower bakes you can make the dressing.
To a blender, add the dairy-free yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt and mix until smooth.
Place in the fridge until the tacos are ready.
Serving Cauliflower Tacos
Once everything is ready you can assemble your tacos!
Heat your tortilla and add on the roasted cauliflower, along with sliced avocado, red cabbage and a drizzle of the cilantro lime dressing!
You can also add more cilantro to the top!
You can store the roasted cauliflower and dressing in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to three days.
Best Cauliflower Taco Recipe
These delicious veggie tacos are smoky, spiced and crisp, with the best tangy and fresh dressing, all ready in under 45 minutes!
Cauliflower is really starting to get the attention it deserves – it’s such a perfect base for so many flavors and textures.
Some other topping ideas could be chopped lettuce, arugula, black olives, roasted red pepper, or tomato.
I’ve tried topping this with dairy-free ranch and it was great; or if you want a little kick, a drizzle of sriracha or another hot sauce would also be delicious!
This recipe is:
- Easy to Make
- Perfect for Meatless Mondays
Check out these other easy vegan recipes!
Pin this for later!
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Avocado, sliced
- Red Cabbage, sliced
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 5 oz. Dairy Free Yogurt (unsweetened, unflavored)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and chop cauliflower into bite-sized florets*.
- Add to a bowl and add the olive oil, cornstarch and spices. Mix well to evenly coat!
- Place florets on a baking tray covered in parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread out evenly and bake for 25-30 minutes, mixing half way through.
- While the cauliflower bakes; to a blender add the dairy-free yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt and mix until smooth. Place in the fridge while you wait.
- Once the cauliflower is done it's time to make your tacos! Add florets to a heated tortilla** and top with avocado, red cabbage, the cilantro lime dressing and more fresh cilantro if desired, enjoy!
*I don't like to use any stalk pieces for these tacos, you can if you want or else you can save them for another recipe!
**You can simply put them in the microwave for a couple seconds or carefully heat over the stove until warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 586mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g