We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Easy Vegan Funfetti Cake Recipe
This delicious homemade vegan funfetti cake is just as tasty as it is pretty!
The cake is made with both vegan butter and a splash of oil to have a buttery flavor but still plenty of moisture.
It has a vanilla flavor and the best ever moist cake texture.
It’s topped off with a simple dairy free vanilla buttercream frosting and is packed with sprinkles inside the cake and on top!This vegan cake recipe is the ultimate birthday cake and is the prettiest cake I’ve ever made!
Loaded with colorful rainbow sprinkles inside and out.
This confetti cake is perfect for celebrations, it’s sure to be a crowd pleasing dessert and who doesn’t love sprinkles?
Best Dairy Free Confetti Cake
I love making cakes from scratch because it’s not only a way to save money, but homemade always tastes better and is more special.
This dairy free cake is easy to make and is unique because it has both vegan butter and oil.
Using both is important in this recipe to get the perfect balance of slight buttery taste and moisture from the oil.
They both give this cake the best texture which is cake like but also reminds you of a cookie.
You can decorate this cake anyway you’d like.
I kept some parts of the frosting plain, but feel free to add sprinkles along the side and in between the layers if you want to go all out.
You can also use any color sprinkles as a way to celebrate any occasion – you could use pink and red for Valentine’s Day or red and green for Christmas, the possibilities are endless!
How to Make Vegan Funfetti Cake
Making the Vanilla Cake
To start making this homemade cake, begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then mix together the plant milk and apple cider vinegar so it can create a sort of buttermilk.
Also spray two 9×9 circle cake pans with non stick spray and add a circle of parchment paper to the bottom of each.
Then simply mix your dry ingredients together in one bowl and your vegan butter, sugar, oil and vanilla in another.
You’ll want to beat the wet mixture with an electric mixer or rigorously by hand for about three minutes until creamy, then add a third of the dry mixture and mix again, followed by half the milk mixture, a third dry, the remaining milk and the remaining dry.
Just mix these increments until combined and don’t over mix, then gently fold in the sprinkles.
The batter will be thick and fluffy, but still spreadable.
Baking Vegan Cake
Evenly add the cake batter to both pans and spread out.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
A few moist crumbs is okay, but be sure there is no wet batter on the toothpick and you know they’re done!
You can also gently poke the center of the cake, and if it slightly springs back up that’s another way to tell.
Let the cake cool in the pans for ten minutes and then carefully flip over onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Serving and Frosting Vegan Cake
To make the frosting, simply add the vegan butter to a bowl and beat until smooth.
Add the vanilla and salt and beat again.
Then add the powdered sugar (not all brands are vegan, so be sure to research which brand you buy if you are) in roughly 3-4 increments, mixing in between.
Once all the powdered sugar is mixed in, add a little plant milk only if needed to thin and make frosting easier.
Finally, place one cake layer on a serving platter and add a layer of frosting on top, evenly spreading it out.
Carefully add the second cake layer and the remaining frosting on top.
Spread the frosting all around the top and sides of the cake, and then add as many sprinkles as you’d like!
That’s it for this cake!
Cut into slices and enjoy a delicious buttery vanilla funfetti cake!
Vegan Vanilla Cake Recipe
This delicious and colorful cake is the perfect dessert recipe to keep on hand.
Packed with color and a unique flavor and texture compared to other cake recipes.
You’ll love this tasty recipe that is perfect for any occasion!
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
Check out these other tasty vegan cake recipes!
Pin this for later!
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cups Plant Milk
- 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 Cups Vegan Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp Plant Milk
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the plant milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Spray two 9x9 circle cake pans with non-stick spray and place a circle piece of parchment paper on the bottoms. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, add the room temperature vegan butter, sugar, oil and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer or rigorously by hand until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add a third of the dry mixture and mix until just combined, add half of the milk mixture and mix again until combined. Continue with the dry mixture, milk mixture and dry mixture, mixing in between just until combined.
- Add the sprinkles and gently fold in - the batter will be thick and fluffy but still spreadable.
- Add the batter evenly to both cake pans and spread out. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then carefully flip over onto a cooling rack to completely cool down.
- To make the frosting, add the room temperature vegan butter to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer or rigorously by hand until smooth. Add the vanilla and salt and beat in.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar in 3-4 increments, mixing the sugar in completely between each.
- Once all the powdered sugar is added, you can add a bit of plant milk to thin as needed, but add as little as possible for best results.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving platter, add a layer of frosting and evenly spread out, then place the second layer on top and gently press down.
- Add the remaining frosting to the top and gently spread over the top and around the sides. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 3g