We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: December 22, 2022)
Best Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
This easy vegan apple pie is so flavorful and irresistible!
It starts with a flaky, buttery homemade pie crust and is topped with a sprinkle of raw sugar.
With a spiced apple and brown sugar filling with flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla – this pie is as comforting as it gets.
Perfect to serve with dairy-free whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, and certainly an easy crowd pleaser!Apple pie is such an iconic dessert with such delicious textures and flavors.
It’s also arguably one of the easiest pies to make!
After peeling, coring and cutting the apples into slices, you just mix in the rest of the filling ingredients and pour it into your pie crust!
Apple pie is always a great go-to dessert recipe, and making it yourself is also so relaxing and so much fun!
Best Spiced Apple Pie Filling
While I always used to be more of a cake person, after experimenting with some homemade pies I’ve really started to love them.
The process is so simple and enjoyable once you learn how to make them, and now I just can’t get enough!
I used hand-picked apples from an orchard for this recipe and it really enhanced the rich apple flavor, however any apples will do!
I like to use a mixture of granny smith, honeycrisp and red delicious for my apple pies, I think it adds so much depth to the overall flavor.
I love serving my apple pies with a scoop of coconut milk vanilla ice cream on top of a warm pie slice.
It melts just a bit and makes for a really tasty dessert!
How to Make Vegan Apple Pie
Making the Pie Filling
To begin making your homemade pie, you’ll want to first have two vegan pie crusts ready to go (you can simply double this recipe!).
Then you’ll want to peel, core and cut your apples into slices!
Add them to a bowl and mix in the flour, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and mix to coat evenly.
Then preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Assembling the Pie
Now, roll out one pie crust (to reduce cracking, let the pie crust sit out of the fridge for 10 minutes before rolling) into a twelve inch circle.
Roll it onto your rolling pin, using flour as needed to avoid sticking, and then unroll it into a lightly oiled pie pan.
Gently press down into the corners and then pour in your apple filling.
Gently press the filling down and add little pieces of vegan butter over the apples if desired, and then repeat the process with your second pie crust to add to the top of the filling.
Trim the excess dough and then fold the top layer under the bottom layer all around the edges, then you can crinkle the edges with your fingers (see video for example!).
Cut a large “X” in the middle, and then brush on some plant milk and sprinkle some raw sugar on top.
Baking Apple Pie
Place in the oven and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Then, while keeping the pie in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 70-80 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden.
If the edges start to brown faster than the center, you can briefly remove the pie from the oven, carefully cover the edges with four strips of aluminum foil, and return it to the oven.
Let the pie cool for at least two hours, and then enjoy!
The pie can be stored, covered, at room-temperature for two days, and then in the fridge for two more days.
Try serving this apple pie with some of my Vegan Vanilla Custard!
Easy Vegan Pie Recipe
This delicious homemade vegan apple pie is so quick and easy to make, and perfect for any occasion.
Whether you’re serving guests or just want something sweet after dinner, this apple pie is always a good idea!
Apple is also a perfect fruit for dessert during the fall season – sometimes you need a break from all the pumpkin!
This recipe is:
- Easy to Make
Check out these other yummy vegan desserts!
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Pop Tarts
Pin this for later!
Vegan Apple Pie
The best ever homemade vegan apple pie recipe made from scratch! Flaky and buttery crust with a warm spiced apple filling!
- 8 Cups Apples (approx. 6-8 apples)
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Plant Milk (to top)
- 1-2 Tbsp Raw Sugar (to top)
- Double Recipe Vegan Pie Crusts
- Peel, core and cut all the apples in slices, place in a large bowl.
- Add flour, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix well to evenly coat apples.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out one pie crust* into a 12 inch circle, and roll onto rolling pin using flour as needed to avoid sticking.
- Unroll into a lightly oiled pie pan and gently press down to fit into the edges.
- Pour apples in and gently press them down, then add little pieces of the vegan butter over the apples if desired.
- Roll out second pie crust to a 12 inch circle, then roll onto rolling pin, using flour as needed to avoid sticking again.
- Roll out on top of the first pie crust over the apples.
- Trim excess dough and then tuck the top layer under the bottom and gently press down.
- Use your fingers to crinkle the edges (see video for example).
- Cut two slits in the middle of the pie in a "X".
- Brush on plant milk and sprinkle raw sugar over the entire top, then bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- While leaving the pie in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 70-80 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the crust is browned.
- If the edges start to brown faster than the center, briefly take the pie out of the oven and carefully add 4 strips of aluminum foil to the edges to stop the browning.
- Let cool for at least 2 hours and then enjoy!
*It's best to let the pie crust rest for 10 minutes outside the fridge before rolling out, this helps to avoid cracking while rolling out!
**The pie will keep on the counter for 2 days, then you can transfer it to the fridge for another 2 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g
15 thoughts on “Vegan Apple Pie (sweet & spiced)”