We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Easy Vegan Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
These vegan pecan pie bars are ridiculously gooey and irresistible!
Pecan pie has always been my favorite type of pie, and I’m not even a huge pie fan usually.
It’s a delicious caramel and pecan concoction with a buttery and flaky crust, there’s no better way to have dessert.
Egg Free, Dairy Free and Corn Syrup Free Bars
You don’t need eggs or dairy to make pecan pie!
A light dusting of flour and a couple tablespoons of ground flax seed is all it takes to create a thick, gooey mixture perfect for vegan pecan pie.
I also used maple syrup instead of corn starch for a healthier option, there’s also no better combination than pecans and maple. It enhances the festive flavors so much and really thickens up when mixed with the other ingredients!
How to Make Healthy Pecan Pie
Preparing the Vegan Pie Crust
To make your vegan pie crust, start by mixing your flour and salt in a bowl.
Toss in your chilled, cubed vegan butter and cut in with a fork or a pastry cutter (I highly recommend the latter!), until the flour has a sandy texture.
Then gradually add 3-4 tablespoons of cold water, mixing as you go. Use your hands towards the end to help scoop up any remaining flour in the bowl, and shape dough into a ball.
Let this chill in the fridge for 10-30 minutes and then preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and then squish it down evenly in an 8×8 pan. Poke several holes in the crust with a fork and bake for 20-23 minutes, or until the dough is dry and a light golden color.
Making the Caramel Pecan Filling
To make your pecan pie filling, start by melting your vegan butter in a pan over medium heat.
Add your flour, and whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes until the flour has a golden color. Add in the plant milk and continue whisking until it’s creamy and smooth.
Add in maple syrup, brown sugar and salt and cook for another 3-5 minutes or so, whisking constantly, and then remove from heat.
Add in your ground flax seed, chopped pecans and vanilla extract and give it another good stir.
I like to place this in the fridge to chill for a few minutes to help it thicken more.
Baking Pecan Pie Bars
Once pie crust is just slightly warm to touch, add your pecan caramel filling and spread it out evenly.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until nicely browned and bubbly.
Let it cool for a bit and then it’s ready to serve! You may want to set this back in the fridge for a while (30 minutes should do) to avoid having a runny pie, so it is a good idea to make this ahead of time for optimal texture!
The waiting is the worst part of this recipe, but doing these steps really helps the pie turn out perfect, with that thick caramel pecan texture and buttery crust!
The Best Ever Vegan Pecan Pie
You’re going to love these simple vegan pecan pie bars, they’re really ready in no time and are a huge crowd pleaser.
If you’re looking for a last minute Thanksgiving dessert, or even going to a dinner party, these pecan pie bars are sure to be a hit.
You could even top them with some coconut whipped cream or vegan ice cream!
This recipe is:
Try these other yummy vegan desserts:
Pin this for later!
For the Crust:
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Vegan Butter (chilled)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3-4 Tbsp Cold Water
For the Filling:
- 2 Cups Pecans (chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Plant Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- For the crust, mix together the flour and salt well. Cube the chilled vegan butter and add to the flour. Cut it together with a fork or a pastry cutter until the mixture has a sandy texture.
- Gradually add 3-4 tablespoons of cold water until the dough begins to come together. Use your hands if needed to bring it into a ball. Wrap in plastic or wrap of choice and set in the fridge to chill.
- Now for the filling, In a pan over medium heat, add the butter and let it melt. Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Add plant milk and continue whisking until it gets thick and creamy, about a minute. Add the maple syrup, brown sugar and salt and continue whisking, stirring constantly, for about 3-4 minutes or until it's fragrant and slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, ground flax seed and pecans. Stir well and place in the fridge so it can continue to thicken, then preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from fridge and place into a lightly oiled 8x8 baking dish. Squish it down evenly.
- Poke many holes in the dough with a fork and bake for 20-23 minutes or until the dough is dry and lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 7-10 minutes or until just slightly warm to touch, then add in the chilled pecan mixture and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Allow to cool in the pan and then cut into bars. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324