We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: June 13, 2022)
Best Fudgy Matcha Brownies Recipe
These fudgy matcha brownies are incredibly moist, chewy and flavored with green tea powder!
Matcha is one of my favorite flavors to bake with – it has an irresistible sweet and earthy flavor and can be thrown into so many desserts.
These brownies are the ultimate treat, and are extra delicious when served with vanilla ice cream!
This recipe is also dairy free, egg free and vegan, but you’d never be able to tell.
Matcha is a great flavor to use in baking as it really helps to balance the flavors.
The buttery, earthy flavor is delicious, and when combined with just the right amount of sugar it becomes a seriously addicting treat!
Not to mention, green tea powder will give you a bit of an extra caffeine for some added energy!
- Vegan Butter – Try to use a butter you love the taste of – I love the Country Crock Plant Butters.
- Sugars – A mixture of white and brown sugar to add flavor and just the right amount of sweetness.
- Flax Egg – Acts as an egg replacement to add moisture and help bind ingredients.
- Vanilla – I love matcha and vanilla flavors together!
- All-Purpose Flour – You can also use a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
- Matcha Powder – Try to find the highest quality matcha you can. There are tons of options out there and any will do, but of course the better matcha the better flavored brownies!
- Baking Powder – To help these brownies rise just a bit.
- Salt – To bring out all that green tea flavor!
How to Make Vegan Matcha Brownies
Making the Green Tea Brownie Batter
To make this easy brownie recipe, start by preheating your oven and preparing your pan: add some aluminum foil and lightly grease it for easy removal.
Then, you’ll cream together the butter and sugars, add the remaining wet ingredients and mix again.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined – the batter will be quite thick and sticky and that’s okay.
I love using a hand mixer for this as it makes the recipe so fuss-free to make, but you can also use a whisk if that is what you have on hand.
Add to a pan and evenly spread out.
Baking Chewy Matcha Blondies
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is set – you can also check if they’re done by sticking a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean they are done.
Let them cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and discard aluminum foil.
Cool, cut into pieces and enjoy!
These green tea brownies can be stored in an airtight container for up to four days.
My favorite drink used to be a soy milk matcha latte with vanilla, and I like to think this recipe is basically that latte but in brownie form!
So flavorful, just sweet enough, and made with that delicious green tea flavor.
This recipe is:
- Green Tea Flavored
- The Best Matcha Dessert
You’ll also love these other vegan dessert recipes!
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Flax Egg*
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- In a bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, white sugar and brown sugar with a hand mixer or whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla and mix in.
- Add the flour, matcha powder, baking powder and salt and mix until combined - batter will be thick and sticky.
- Add to pan and evenly spread out. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is set, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes in the pan and then remove from pan and discard aluminum foil. Let cool and then cut into pieces and enjoy!
*1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit 5 minutes until thickened.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g