We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: August 13, 2022)
Easy Chocolate Vegan Mug Cake
This chocolate vegan mug cake is moist, fluffy, rich and decadent with the best flavor and texture!
The best part is it’s also ready in under 5 minutes, and all you need is a mug!
Mug cakes are perfect for when you need a sweet fix but just want a single serving.
Keep this recipe on hand for the next time you have a chocolate craving and need it now!
- All-Purpose Flour – You can also substitute with a 1:1 gluten free flour blend.
- Cocoa Powder – The higher quality the tastier, but any will do.
- Sugar – I just used white sugar, you can also use brown or coconut.
- Baking Powder – To help it rise and get the best cakey texture.
- Salt – To bring out the chocolate and vanilla flavors.
- Oat Milk – Any milk substitute will work – oat is my favorite.
- Olive Oil – Any neutral oil like vegetable is fine too.
- Vanilla Extract – To add a little more depth.
- Chocolate Chips – I like to add some into the cake and also have some on top!
How to Make Dairy Free Microwave Cake
Making the Cake Batter
To start making this easy recipe, start by lightly greasing a microwavable coffee mug (this is optional but I prefer doing it to avoid any hard sticking).
Add the dry ingredients and mix well, then add the wet and mix again!
Add most of the chocolate chips and stir in, then sprinkle the last few on top.
Finally, microwave 1-2 minutes until the top is set – if it springs back up when you gently poke it you know it’s ready to eat! If you want it a little more gooey, try closer to one minute and test it out.
Be careful though, it will be very hot, I usually let it sit for at least 5 minutes before digging in.
Serve on its own or add some dairy-free ice cream (my favorite way to eat this mug cake!) or whipped cream.
CAN I USE ANY MUG FOR THIS MUG CAKE?
Any microwave-safe mug will work, just be sure you have at least a medium size with a couple inches of space between the finished batter and the top of the cup as it will rise a bit.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS MUG CAKE?
Anything you’d like! Try adding some walnuts, rainbow sprinkles, dairy-free white chocolate, berries and more!
CAN I SAVE LEFTOVERS?
You probably won’t have any, but you can keep it in the fridge for a day or two, although it’s best enjoyed fresh!
Vegan Microwave Dessert Brownie
This microwave recipe is the perfect hybrid of a brownie and a piece of cake.
It has the best, soft and rich texture and a strong chocolaty flavor with extra chocolate chips, while also being totally eggless and dairy free.
Whether you need a quick after-school snack for the kids, or suddenly need chocolate cake at midnight, this recipe will not disappoint! Try my Vegan Matcha Brownies if you want to enjoy something new!
If you need a bigger chocolate fix, try some of my other chocolaty vegan desserts:
- Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Bark
- Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding
- Soft & Chewy Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Double Chocolate Vegan Muffins
- Fluffy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Creamy Vegan Chocolate Pie
- Double Chocolate Vegan Glazed Donuts
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1/4 Cup Oat Milk
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Chips
- Lightly grease a microwave-safe coffee mug.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt to the mug and mix well.
- Add milk, olive oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add most of the chocolate chips and mix in, then add the last few on top.
- Microwave 1-2 minutes or until the top is set - you know it's done if it springs back up after gently poking the middle of the cake.
- Be very careful as it will be very hot - enjoy with dairy-free ice cream, whipped cream or as is!
*I recommend letting it cool for at least 5 minutes after microwaving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 725Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 4gSugar: 42gProtein: 6g