We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: April 21, 2020)
5 Ingredient Brownies
I am so excited to share these flourless sweet potato brownies with you!
This is the first dessert I created after I went vegan three years ago, and I still can’t get enough of it! They’re perfectly moist and chocolaty, and full of simple superfoods so you won’t have a stomach ache afterwards, or feel guilty having more than one!
Moist Fudgy Brownies
Since first creating these delicious flourless sweet potato brownies, I’ve tried a ton of other, more complicated brownie recipes. Experimenting with ingredients like black beans and applesauce is fun, and you get all sorts of various textures and flavors, but I still always come back to this recipe.
I think it’s because of how simple they are to make: just cook a couple medium sized sweet potatoes, remove the skins, and mash. Next, mix in your nut butter of choice (I like almond for it’s neutral flavor and extra health benefits, but peanut is totally fine too, and budget friendly!), along with some cacao powder and chocolate chips, and bake!
No dealing with flour, baking soda, cracking eggs, or cleaning a messy kitchen!
Egg Free and Oil Free
Because of how sticky and sweet the potatoes are, there’s no need for eggs or sugar (Although, you can always add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup if you want them extra sweet!).
With that, because of the healthy fats in the almond butter, there’s no need for any oil!
Raw Cacao Powder
I definitely recommend using raw cacao powder if you can! Unlike processed cocoa powder, there are no added sugars (or dairy!), and you get to enjoy all the nutrients raw cacao has to offer (which are lost in cocoa due to heat processing!).
Raw cacao contains more antioxidants than blueberries! As well as a plethora of vitamins and minerals, so I try to use it in all my chocolate recipes!
Healthy Brownies For Your Whole Family
These flourless sweet potato brownies are great for family/friend gatherings (we even brought them for Christmas last year, and everyone loved them!), or for indulging on your own! Give them a try and let me know how you like them!
For the simple frosting, I just melted down some vegan chocolate chips with a splash of cashew milk. This is a great vegan frosting if you’re in a pinch for time!
Pin this for later!
- 2 Cups Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup Almond Butter (or peanut)
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 to 1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
For the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut slits into 2 medium sized sweet potatoes. Wrap in a towel and microwave for 5-8 minutes, or until soft in the middle when poked with a fork.
- Peel skin and mash well.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup and cacao powder and mix well.
- Place parchment paper into an 8x8 baking dish, and spread brownie mixture inside evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a fork poked into the middle of the batter comes out clean.
For the Frosting:
- Melt vegan chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, along with a splash of plant milk, stirring every 15 seconds.
- After brownies have baked and cooled, pour over evenly. Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top if you wish!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150