We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: November 22, 2022)
Vegan Whipped Cream Recipe
This easy vegan whipped cream recipe is perfect for topping all sorts of treats – and so easy to make!
Ready in just seconds, this rich and creamy vegan cool whip is the perfect recipe to keep on hand.
Whether you need a creamy topping for fruity summer desserts, or a topping for holiday treats, this fool-proof recipe is perfect.
Made with three ingredients with the best sweet vanilla flavor!
Some of my favorite recipes to use this whipped cream for are my Homemade Vegan Eggnog, Vegan Pumpkin Pie, Vegan Peanut Butter Pie, Vegan Chocolate Pie or my Vegan Angel Food Cake!
- Coconut Cream – Be sure to get a full-fat coconut cream can, not coconut milk! You need that extra creaminess for this recipe. If coconut milk is all you can find, you can prepare it the same way, but it will be runnier and you may not be able to pipe it, but it works in a pinch!
- Powdered Sugar – Use any vegan powdered sugar for this – using powdered sugar instead of a liquid sweetener helps to add more structure and make this whipped cream pipeable!
- Vanilla – To flavor the cream!
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream
To make your homemade coconut whipped cream, start by chilling a can of coconut cream for at least eight hours, but I like to chill it overnight to be sure it separates properly. Do not freeze to speed this up as it doesn’t work very well.
Once chilled, open the can and scoop out the thick cream on top, leaving the water on the bottom behind.
Place into a bowl along with the powdered sugar and vanilla – I like to start with 1/4 cup of sugar and add more if needed.
Using an electric mixer or a whisk by hand, mix just until combined and creamy.
You only want to mix a few seconds until combined – if you overmix past this it may start to separate a bit, and you’ll have to start over with a new can.
Chill if needed and serve with your favorite dessert – you can simply scoop it out or place it into a piping bag and make pretty swirls!
You can keep this coconut whipped cream in the fridge for 5-7 days, I do not recommend freezing.
Homemade Dairy Free Cool Whip
Nothing is better than homemade – and that includes this whipped cream recipe.
Rich, creamy and ready in seconds with the best sweet vanilla flavor!
TIPS FOR THE BEST WHIPPED CREAM:
- I recommend whipping for only a couple seconds until combined and fluffy, it really won’t take long at all!
- If your whipped cream is a little runny, you can always add a bit more powdered sugar, or let it chill and harden up a bit before serving.
- The best coconut cream brands for this recipe are Savoy, Nature’s Charm, 365 Whole Foods and Native – I highly recommend using these if you can for best results.
- My best tip: If you find a brand you love, leave a few cans permanently in your fridge so they are ready when you need some homemade whipped cream.
This recipe is:
- Easy to Make
- Three Ingredient
- Dairy Free
Try my other tasty vegan topping recipes:
Pin this for later!
- 1 Can Coconut Cream, chilled*
- 1/4-2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1. Open can of coconut cream and scoop out the thick cream on top, leaving the water behind.
2. Place cream into a bowl along with the powdered sugar and vanilla. Start with 1/4 cup sugar and add more if needed for thickness/taste.
3. Using an electric mixer or a whisk by hand, mix just until combined and creamy. This will only take a couple seconds, so be careful not to overmix as it can separate.
4. Chill if needed and serve with your favorite dessert!
*Chill coconut cream can in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g