We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Best Vegan Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This easy vegan peanut butter pie is so rich and delicious, and so easy to make!
It has the best fluffy and rich peanut butter mousse filling made with sweet coconut milk and cream.
The filling is poured over a decadent two ingredient Oreo cookie crust!
Then it’s topped off with melted chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.This pie is absolutely irresistible and perfect for any chocolate and peanut butter fan.
It’s made with simple ingredients and nothing weird, just delicious dairy-free foods that create the best ever dessert.
All you need for this pie you can get from your local grocery store, and to make it even better this recipe needs no baking!
Dairy Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
Dairy free never has to mean boring.
This delicious recipe uses a combination of coconut milk, coconut cream and whipped coconut cream to get that perfect texture.
A sprinkle of flax seed and powdered sugar also helps it firm up, and of course it’s whipped together with peanut butter and vanilla extract.
The crust is made perfectly simple with Oreo cookies and a bit of melted vegan butter.
It’s blended to a fine crumb and then squished into your pie pan – it doesn’t get any easier than that!
I absolutely love how irresistible this finished pie looks!
Complete with plenty of chocolate and peanut butter toppings, and it’s so fun to decorate too!
Feel free to toss on some peanuts and more chocolate chips if you want to.
How to Make Vegan Pie
Making the Chocolate Cookie Crust
To make this tasty and simple crust, start by grabbing a food processor.
You can also use a blender, but I find the processor easier if you have one (if you only have a small one, simply do the crust in two batches).
Add the Oreo cookies and melted vegan butter inside and blend until they are a very fine crumb.
Spray a nine inch pie pan with non-stick spray and then pour the cookie mixture inside.
Evenly spread out and press down, going up the edges about an inch – this will take a few minutes, you just want to be sure the bottom layer isn’t too thin, but it doesn’t have to be perfect.
Once done, place the pan in the freezer to set while you make the filling.
Making the Fluffy Peanut Butter Filling
To make the pie filling, start by adding the peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, ground flax seed and coconut milk to a large bowl.
Take your can of chilled coconut cream (be careful not to shake it) and scoop out the thick cream on the top of the can, leaving behind the water on the bottom – add the cream to the bowl with the other ingredients.
Using an electric mixer, whip everything together until smooth and creamy.
Now, add your tub of coconut whipped cream (these are available at most stores), and whip again until smooth and creamy – I’ve found that using a combination of all these to yield the best ever texture!
Pour the whipped pie filling into the chocolate cookie crust and evenly spread out.
Place this in the freezer to set for at least 15-30 minutes, or until firm.
Serving Peanut Butter Pie
While the filling sets, prepare the toppings.
Chop your vegan peanut butter cups and melt the chocolate and peanut butter into two bowls, this will make it very easy to drizzle.
Remove the chilled pie and generously drizzle and sprinkle on all the toppings!
Place the pie in the fridge to set for four hours, or in the freezer for one hour.
Take it out a few minutes before you want to cut it – it will become easier to get a good clean slice after it has sat out for a few minutes, but you don’t want it too soft so setting it beforehand is important!
No Bake Peanut Butter Mousse Dessert
This pie is ideal for busy days when you need the oven for other things.
This no bake peanut butter pie comes together in no time and is thick, fluffy, rich and just sweet enough without over-powering the chocolate and peanut butter flavors!
You can serve it plain or with some coconut whipped cream on top.
I like to keep it in the fridge and take it out a few minutes before I want to cut into it – it will soften at room temperature a bit which will make cutting and getting the perfect slice easier.
This recipe is:
- No Bake
- Easy to Make
- Dairy Free
Check out these other delicious vegan desserts!
Pin this for later!
Recipe inspired by Loving it Vegan
For the Crust
- 25 Oreo Cookies
- 1/4 Cup Melted Vegan Butter
For the Filling
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk (from a can)*
- 1 Can Chilled Coconut Cream**
- 2 Tbsp Finely Ground Flax Seed
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 9 oz. Coconut Whipped Cream (from a tub)
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Melted Chocolate
- Melted Peanut Butter
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups (chopped)
- To make the crust, add Oreo cookies and melted vegan butter to a food processor and blend until the mixture is a fine crumb.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick spray and pour Oreo mixture inside.
- Evenly spread out and gently press down, going up the sides about an inch. Place in the freezer to set while you make the filling.
- To a large bowl, add the peanut butter, powdered sugar, coconut milk, vanilla and flax seed. Open your can of chilled coconut cream and scoop out the thick cream on top, leaving behind the water in the can, add the cream to the bowl.
- Whip with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the coconut whipped cream from a tub and whip again until creamy.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into chilled chocolate crust and evenly spread out. Place back in the freezer to set for at least 15-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Top generously with toppings and then place in the fridge for four hours, or the freezer for one hour to set completely.
- Remove a few minutes before you are ready to cut and serve - this will help make the pie nice and easy to cut. Enjoy!
*If you don't have canned coconut milk, you can substitute with any plant milk.
**Let the coconut cream can chill in the fridge overnight or at least 8 hours for best results.
***Serve with extra whipped cream if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 307mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 5gSugar: 30gProtein: 7g