We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Best Vegan Pumpkin Scones Recipe Ever
These vegan pumpkin scones are so deliciously spiced and flavorful!
Made with a super-simple dough from scratch, these scones are out of this world, and a great alternative to Starbucks pumpkin scones.
Completely free of eggs and dairy, these scones are just as crumbly, moist and irresistible.
A simple dairy-free glaze really brings all the flavors together. They are not overly sweet and the glaze adds just the right amount of sweet.
Homemade Vegan Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
If you’ve never made scones from scratch before, this recipe is a must for you!
The addition of pumpkin makes these so easy and quick to make. The dough is very simple to work with and they come together in no time.
Scones are a baked good you need to enjoy right out of the oven to get the full effect.
The great part is you can pre-make the dough and bake them up right when you need them, such as for brunch or the holidays!
How to Make Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Scones
Making the Pumpkin Scone Dough
To begin making these tasty scones, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and adding the brown sugar, pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), vanilla and plant milk in a bowl.
Whisk these together until the sugar dissolves to get the most flavor in your scones.
In a separate bowl, add all your dry ingredients and toss in your chilled and cubed vegan butter.
Add this to your wet mixture and stir just until it begins to come together.
You don’t want to over mix this or else the scones will be too dense.
Right when it starts to stick together, flour a flat surface and place the dough down, lightly flouring the top of the dough too.
Knead just a few times until it forms a uniform dough, watch this video for how to knead the scone dough!
Shaping and Cutting the Vegan Scones
Now you can easily work with your hands to form the dough into a 1-inch thick circle.
Flour a knife and cut into 8 pieces, just like a pizza!
I recommend flouring the knife in between each cut to help it not stick.
Baking and Decorating Pumpkin Scones
Place the scones on a baking tray covered in parchment paper, and bake for 14-17 minutes!
You’ll know the scones are done when they are lightly browned, and the bottoms are light brown as well.
You can also insert a toothpick into the middle of the scones, and it if comes out clean you know they are cooked inside.
Let them cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer for a cooling rack.
Once the scones are completely cooled, mix together your glaze and drizzle over the scones generously!
If you want to add some extra flavor, you can also add a bit of cinnamon or pumpkin spice to the glaze!
I loved how the white glaze looked over the pumpkin scones though!
Easy Eggless Pumpkin Scone Recipe
I just love these scones, they have so much comforting flavor and I think they’re my new favorite way to enjoy pumpkin!
The pumpkin is also a great alternative to egg in baking, which makes these simple to turn vegan.
Brew up a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!
This recipe is:
Try these other vegan baked treats!
Pin this for later!
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter (chilled & cubed)
- 1/3 Cup Plant Milk
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Spice*
- 1.5 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1.5 Tsp Baking Powder
For the Glaze:
- 1 Cup Vegan Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Plant Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin puree, vanilla, plant milk and brown sugar and whisk until sugar has dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, salt and baking powder and mix well. Add chilled, cubed butter and incorporate using a pastry cutter or a fork until it becomes a sandy texture.
- Pour into wet ingredients and mix just until it starts to come together, being careful not to over mix.
- Flour a flat surface and add dough down, lightly sprinkling more flour on top.
- Knead just a few times until it forms a dough, then shape into a circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 pieces like a pizza, you may need to flour your knife in between cuts to avoid sticking.
- Place scones on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and bake for 14-17 minutes, or just until they become golden brown and the bottoms begin to brown.
- You can also poke a toothpick into the middle of the scone, and if it comes out clean they are done!
- Let them cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled, mix together your glaze and drizzle over scones, enjoy!
*Make your own by combining equal parts cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362