We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: August 13, 2022)
Vegan Chocolate Dairy Free Pudding
This dairy free pudding recipe is incredibly rich, creamy and indulgent!
It’s made with just a few simple ingredients and tastes way better than any store bought cups.
It has that classic chocolate pudding flavor that you want, but it’s much more decadent and the flavors are much richer!
The perfect chocolaty snack to take with you for lunch, or to enjoy at home – it’s also perfect for kids!
- Oat Milk – This is my favorite milk and I think it has the best flavor, but you can use your favorite plant-based milk!
- Cocoa Powder – The higher quality cocoa powder you use the better the taste, but any will do.
- Maple Syrup – To add just the right amount of sweetness.
- Cornstarch – This helps to add a thick pudding texture to the dessert. You can also substitute this with arrowroot powder.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – Most stores carry dairy-free chocolate chips, and many dark chocolate chips are accidentally vegan!
- Nut Butter – I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, but you can also use almond, tahini or your favorite nut butter.
- Vanilla – This adds a lot of depth to the pudding flavor.
- Toppings – I used vegan whipped cream and cocoa powder, but chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts and more are great to add some texture on top. It’s also delicious served plain!
How to Make Oat Milk Chocolate Pudding
Making the Dairy Free Chocolate
To make your homemade plant based pudding, start by adding oat milk, cocoa powder and syrup to a pot and whisk to combine.
Place over medium heat and cook until heated through, whisking often.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and remaining oat milk until completely dissolved.
Remove pot from heat for a moment and slowly add the cornstarch mixture while whisking constantly.
Return to heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until it gets nice and thickened, while whisking constantly.
Finally, remove from heat and turn it off, then add the chocolate chips, nut butter and vanilla and whisk until nice and creamy.
Serving Plant Based Pudding
Carefully pour your vegan chocolate pudding mix into jars and cover with plastic wrap to avoid a film developing on top.
I chill this for at least 3-4 hours to be sure it’s set and has a nice pudding consistency.
The best way to serve this pudding is with vegan whipped cream on top – some other tasty ideas would be chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts and more!
This pudding is best enjoyed within 2-3 days after making it as long as it’s kept refrigerated. Only add the whipped cream when serving.
Easy Vegetarian Pudding Recipe
This chocolaty vegan pudding recipe is absolutely delicious – I love how all the simple flavors combine into an irresistible treat.
It doesn’t have any added sugars (depending on the chocolate chips you use), and has extra flavors of vanilla and peanut butter.
Cornstarch is a great and special ingredient for thickening all sorts of recipes, and this one included!
It effortlessly helps to achieve that soft and creamy pudding texture while not effecting the rich chocolaty flavor you want in pudding.
It also makes this recipe super easy to make!
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Tastes Just Like Dairy Pudding!
If you love chocolaty vegan recipes like this, try one of these next:
- 2 Cups + 3 Tbsp Oat Milk
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Nut Butter
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Vegan Whipped Cream (optional)
- Add 2 cups oat milk, cocoa powder and syrup to a small pot and whisk well. Heat on medium until warmed through, whisking often.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornstarch and remaining 3 tbsp oat milk until dissolved completely.
- Remove pot from heat and slowly add cornstarch mixture while constantly whisking. Return to heat and cook 2-3 minutes until nice and thickened, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and turn off. Add the chocolate chips, nut butter and vanilla and mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully pour pudding into jars and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge (on a heating pad if jars are hot) for at least 3-4 hours or until set. Enjoy with whipped cream or toppings of choice!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 4gSugar: 39gProtein: 5g