We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: February 13, 2022)
*This blog post has been sponsored by Bakery on Main, all opinions are mine alone.
Vegan Mini Breakfast Tart Recipe
This simple homemade vegan mini breakfast tart recipes makes the cutest and tastiest tarts ever!
The crust is made simply from granola, vegan butter and maple syrup, and then they’re topped with dairy-free yogurt, berries and mint leaves.
The best part about these tarts is that you can totally customize the toppings to whatever you would like – I loved the chocolate strawberry theme though!My favorite part of these tarts is that they taste like dessert, but are basically yogurt and granola in dessert form!
They taste like the best chocolate cookie with yogurt frosting and fresh berries on top – I always look forward to enjoying these in the mornings!
They are also perfect for serving to guests because they are literally ready in no time and are so easy to make.
This is also a great recipe to make with kids!
For this recipe, I used Bakery on Main’s Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Granola.
It has the best sweet and salty chocolate flavor, is gluten-free and is packed with beneficial nutrients and ancient grains.
It’s also filled with chia seeds, almonds and coconut oil and was the perfect base for this recipe.
It does have some bigger clusters, so I simply placed the granola in a reusable bag and gently broke them apart with a rolling pin to better fit in the tart pans.
It makes for the tastiest homemade tart shells!
- Bakery on Main Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Granola – This granola has the best chocolaty flavor and is perfect for these chocolate strawberry tarts!
- Vegan Butter – Any kind will do, you’ll melt it and mix it in to help the tarts keep their new shape.
- Maple Syrup – For a touch of added sweetness and also to help bind the granola together.
- Dairy-Free Yogurt – Use your favorite brand! You can use flavored, sweetened or anything you like.
- Strawberries – I simply washed the berries, removed the tops and sliced the berries to add to the tops.
- Mint – I loved a couple mint leaves as a garnish and added fresh flavor!
How to Make Homemade Tarts
Baking the Granola Crust
These easy vegan tart crust shells literally come together in minutes.
If there are larger clusters, you can place the granola in a reusable or plastic bag and gently break them apart with a rolling pin, it’ll only take a couple minutes!
They mix together the chocolate granola with the melted vegan butter and maple syrup and mix well.
Scoop this evenly into your four greased tart pans and squish down until nicely packed – I used a spoon wet with a little water to avoid sticking, and it worked super well!
Place the tart pans on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Let them cool on a cooling rack until easier to handle, then carefully remove from tart pans and cooling completely on the rack.
How to Serve Vegan Fruit Tarts
Now the fun part – decorating and eating your homemade tarts!
I topped mine with dairy-free yogurt, strawberry slices and a couple fresh mint leaves.
However, you can use any sort of toppings you’d like, the options are limitless:
- Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
- Vegan Nutella
- Banana Slices
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Butter
HOW CAN I STORE THESE TARTS?
I recommend enjoying these tarts immediately after topping with yogurt and berries. If you know it’s going to be a couple hours, or even days, before eating, I recommend waiting to top them. The crusts can be kept in the fridge for up to four days, but the yogurt is best enjoyed fresh, or eaten within an hour or two (and kept in the fridge if so!).
Eggless and Dairy Free Fruit Tarts
These homemade tarts are the perfect addition to any breakfast table, especially to serve a crowd (you can always double the recipe for more tarts).
This recipe is:
- Easy to Make
- Perfect for Breakfast
- Totally Customizable
- 2 Cups Bakery on Main Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Granola*
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Dairy-Free Yogurt of Choice
- Strawberries, sliced
- Mint (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease 4 3.5 inch mini tart pans, set aside.
- Add granola, melted vegan butter and maple syrup to a bowl and mix to evenly incorporate.
- Evenly scoop into the 4 tart pans and squish down so the granola packs into each crevasse. It helps to dip a spoon in water and squish down to avoid sticking, I repeated this many times until nice and packed.
- Place tart pans on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully place tarts on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. When not too hot, carefully remove the tarts from the pans and cool completely on the cooling rack.
- Top with dairy-free yogurt, berries and mint, or toppings or choice. Enjoy!
*If there are larger clusters, you can place the granola in a reusable or plastic bag and gently break them apart with a rolling pin, it'll only take a couple minutes!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 857Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 10gSugar: 68gProtein: 10g