We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: July 3, 2022)
Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta Recipe
This vegan lemon pasta is shockingly flavorful and so easy to make!
For this recipe, less is more: the simplest ingredients make the most delicious, fresh and creamy pasta recipe.
Creamy coconut milk, rich vegan butter, garlic, vegan parmesan, parsley and freshly squeezed lemon juice and zest.
All swirled into spaghetti pasta and topped with even more goodness plus freshly cracked black pepper.
You’ll want to make this pasta again and again!
The best part of this pasta is just how budget-friendly and delicious it is.
Lemons, garlic, herbs and pasta are some of the most affordable ingredients you can buy, and with just a little technique they create the most delicious pasta recipe.
Also, it’s ready in under 30 minutes and all tossed together in one pot – perfect for fuss free weeknights!
While super delicious on its own, feel free to add in any vegan protein like vegan chicken, fried tofu, meat crumbles or tempeh!
- Spaghetti – Any pasta will work though!
- Vegan Butter – I love Country Crock Plant Butter, but use your favorite brand!
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic is best!
- Lemon – You will use the zest and juice from one lemon.
- Coconut Milk – Use full-fat coconut milk from a can.
- Salt & Pepper – To taste, freshly cracked black pepper is best!
- Pasta Water – Be sure to save some before draining to help thin the sauce! If you forget, it’s okay, just use water.
- Vegan Parmesan – This can be found at most stores!
- Parsley – Freshly chopped is best.
How to Make Dairy Free Lemon Pasta
Making the Lemon Cream Noodle Sauce
To make this easy creamy pasta sauce, start by cooking your pasta according to its package until al dente.
Then, in a large pan over medium heat, cook the vegan butter, minced garlic and lemon zest for just about 30 seconds until heated through.
Add the coconut milk, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and cook another minute or two.
Serving Lemon Garlic Herb Pasta
Finally, add the cooked pasta, the vegan parmesan, and about 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
Mix well and add more pasta water if needed to thin the sauce to your preferred consistency.
Remove from heat and mix in the freshly chopped parsley.
Then you’re done – Serve your lemon noodles with more fresh parsley, lemon zest, vegan parmesan and cracked black pepper on top if desired and enjoy! Feel free to add some red pepper flakes for some spice too.
While I think it’s best enjoyed warm, you can also serve this pasta cold and it has a great fresh flavor!
This pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
This recipe is:
- Garlic & Herb
- Ready in Under 30 Minutes
Try these other tasty vegan pasta recipes!
- 8 oz. Spaghetti
- 5 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Juice & Zest from 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (full-fat from a can)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Pasta Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Parmesan
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Cook pasta according to package to al dente.
- To a large pan over medium heat, add the vegan butter, minced garlic and lemon zest and cook for 30 seconds, stirring often.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cooked pasta, the parmesan and 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Mix well and add more pasta water if needed to thin the sauce.
- Remove from heat, add the fresh parsley and mix well.
- Serve with more parsley, lemon zest, parmesan and black pepper if desired, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g