We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Vegan S’mores Cookie Recipe
These vegan s’mores cookies are as good as it gets!
With a chewy and puffy chocolate chip cookie base, but with added vegan mini marshmallows and graham cracker chunks!
These cookies are incredibly rich and delicious, with the best gooey texture along with crisp graham bits.
Much easier to eat than a smore and perfect for year round baking – I love these tasty cookies!No one will EVER know these cookies are completely eggless, dairy free and vegan, and you can always use a gluten free flour blend for an even more allergen friendly treat.
They are so ridiculously gooey and flavorful, and perfect to serve to adults or children.
My favorite time to make these cookies is summertime, they are easily my favorite vegan recipe with marshmallows!
Don’t get me wrong, I love sitting around a campfire and making bonfire s’mores, but these are so tasty and mess-free that they are always a huge hit at get togethers, birthday’s, graduation parties or celebrations of any kind!
Smores Cookies with Graham Crackers
While smores are a super popular and treasured treat, I dare say I like this cookie version even better!
It has all the flavors and textures you want in a s’more, but with a delicious brown sugar cookie base and no mess.
The only hard part of making these cookies is letting them chill in the fridge for an hour – I HIGHLY recommend not skipping that for this recipe!
Not only does it make the dough easier to handle, but it also makes the cookies more flavorful by soaking up excess moisture as well as avoiding spreading and making these cookies thick and chewy.
Also, only bake one tray at a time for best results.
- All-Purpose Flour – You can also substitute with a 1:1 gluten free flour blend.
- Vegan Butter – Be sure to use room temperature vegan butter sticks and not butter from a tub.
- Flax Egg – You can also substitute for chia seeds, 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup vegan yogurt, or 3 tbsp. of nut butter.
- Brown & White Sugar – This adds a nice subtle molasses flavor and just the right amount of sweetness.
- Vanilla – The best addition to any chocolaty cookies.
- Baking Powder & Soda – I like the combination for perfectly puffy and chewy cookies.
- Salt – To bring out all the rich flavors.
- Chopped Graham Crackers – If you want a honey free graham cracker, the Nabisco Original Grahams, Keebler Original Graham Crackers and Kroger Original Graham Crackers are all honey free and vegan.
- Vegan Mini Marshmallows – I used the Dandies brand of mini marshmallows and they were perfect! I have seen these and other vegan brands at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and Amazon!
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips – You can use mini, chunks or regular.
How to Make Chocolate S’mores Cookies
Making the Smores Cookie Dough
To make these delicious chocolate smores cookies, start by mixing the dry ingredients in one bowl and set it aside.
Cream together the vegan butter and sugars until smooth and creamy, then add the flax egg and vanilla.
Add the dry to the wet and mix just until combined.
Then fold in all the goodies – the chocolate chips, chopped graham cracker pieces and 1/2 cup of the mini marshmallows.
Place in fridge to chill for an hour. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Baking Smore Cookies
Taking two tablespoon amounts of dough, roll them into balls with the palms of your hands.
Place two inches apart on a baking sheet and add a couple extra chocolate chips to the tops!
Bake for 9 minutes, then remove from oven but keep it on.
Add a couple extra marshmallows and graham cracker chunks to the top and then place back in the oven for 3-4 minutes until set on top and lightly golden brown around the edges.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy when cool enough to touch!
You can store these cookies in an airtight container for about five days.
You can also pop them in the microwave for a couple seconds to make them all gooey again, just be careful as they get hot quick.
Stuffed Chocolate Smores Cookie Recipe
These delicious vegan smores cookies will melt in your mouth as well as give you that crisp graham snap!
They are the perfect blend of chewy chocolate chip cookies and irresistibly gooey and flavorful s’mores.
You won’t regret making a batch of these chocolate smore cookies!
These smores cookies are:
- Perfect Year-Round
- Great for Kids
- Vegan & Dairy Free
Check out these other vegan cookie recipes!
Pin this for later!
- 1 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter, room temp*
- 1 Flax Egg**
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Graham Crackers
- 1 Cup Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- 3/4 Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the room temperature vegan butter with the brown and white sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the flax egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chopped graham crackers, 1/2 cup of the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips and fold to evenly distribute.
- Place in fridge to chill for an hour. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take 2 tbsp amounts of dough and roll into balls, place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Add a couple extra chocolate chips to the tops!
- Bake for 9 minutes then remove from oven but keep it on. Add the remaining marshmallows and graham cracker chunks to the top and then place back in the oven for 3-4 minutes until set on top and lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes on the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy when cool enough to touch!
*Be sure to use vegan butter sticks and not butter from a tub.
**1 Tbsp ground flax or chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g