We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: June 16, 2022)
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
This easy homemade vegan chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is so delicious and fun!
It’s a giant vegan chocolate chip cookie topped with swirls of chocolate buttercream and rainbow sprinkles!
These kinds of cakes were always my favorite growing up – they’re also delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The ideal and fuss-free birthday cake for kids or adults alike, and so much fun to decorate!
Cookie cakes are super rich and a fun way to switch things up from normal cakes.
My favorite part is that everyone loves a chocolate chip cookie, so you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Decorate it to your liking with different frostings, sprinkles, candles and more.
Dairy Free and Eggless Birthday Cake
The best part of this recipe is that it is totally dairy free, eggless and vegan.
It’s made with just a few normal pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand!
Nothing weird in these cookies, they just need a little help from some vegan butter sticks and a flax egg.
So delicious and perfect for serving to a crowd, you’re going to love this simple recipe!
- Vegan Butter Sticks – I always love using Country Crock plant butter sticks, they have the best flavor for baking!
- Brown Sugar – To add more flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Flax Egg – This is a super simple trick to use in place of an egg. It adds moisture and binding!
- Vanilla – Every chocolate chip cookie needs vanilla.
- All-Purpose Flour – You can always use a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend instead.
- Cornstarch – This helps the cookie have an ever-so-slightly cakier texture.
- Baking Soda – To help the cookie cake rise.
- Salt – To bring out all the tasty cookie flavors.
- Chocolate Chips – Most stores carry dairy-free chocolate chips even if they are listed as so, many dark chocolate chips are vegan accidentally!
- Vegan Chocolate Frosting – You can also use vanilla or peanut butter frosting too!
- Vegan Rainbow Sprinkles – I love how the sprinkles add pops of color and really make this cake perfect for birthday celebrations!
How to Make Vegan Cookie Cake
Making the Cookie Dough
To make this easy homemade cookie cake, start by preheating your oven and preparing a nine inch circle baking pan by adding aluminum foil and lightly greasing it.
Now to make the easy cookie dough – simply start by mixing together the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Then, cream together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer for a minute or two, until smooth and creamy. Then add the flax egg and vanilla and mix again.
Add the dry mixture into the wet and mix until combined – then add the chocolate chips and pulse until evenly distributed.
Add dough to the prepared baking pan and add some more chocolate chips to the top, gently pressing them down!
Serving Cookie Cake
Bake for 20-24 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean!
Allow the cookie to cool completely, then transfer to a serving plate.
If desired, add some swirls of my Vegan Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, and some vegan rainbow sprinkles!
This cake can be kept in an airtight container for about 4-5 days. If your home is on the warmer side I recommend keeping it in the fridge.
You can also make the cookie cake a day or two ahead of time and then frost before serving!
Giant Homemade Frosted Cookie Cake
I’ve recently been loving making this huge cookie cake for just about any occasion, I think it’s going to be a hit for the holidays as well!
So tasty and incredibly easy to make from scratch – even easier than making normal chocolate chip cookies.
If you want more chocolaty vegan cookie recipes, try these next:
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Perfect for Birthdays
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Butter Sticks, room temperature
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Flax Egg*
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Recipes Vegan Chocolate Frosting
- Vegan Rainbow Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 inch circle baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease with oil or butter, set aside.
- In a bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together the vegan butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer for 1 minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture and mix until combined - dough will be thick!
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips and pulse just a few times until evenly distributed.
- Add dough to prepared pan and evenly spread out - add remaining chocolate chips to the top and gently press down.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until lightly browned on top, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean without any wet dough on it.
- Allow to cool completely, then add frosting and sprinkles as desired!
*1 tbsp ground chia or flax seeds mixed together with 3 tbsp water, let side 5-10 minutes until thickened.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 3gSugar: 39gProtein: 5g