We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: September 1, 2022)
Easy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
This delicious vegan potato salad recipe is incredibly easy to make, and is packed with flavor and texture!
It’s creamy, fresh and tangy with tasty dill, celery and red onion.
I like my potato salads pretty creamy, but still flavorful and not overpowering.
This recipe is the perfect balance and is a great side to so many dishes!This vegetarian potato salad recipe is ideal to bring to picnics, BBQ’s, potlucks, birthdays and more.
It’s so easy to make and is an easy crowd pleaser, especially because it’s dairy-free and eggless.
This recipe for vegan potato salad is also a great, fresh way to liven up a winter meal – it’s perfect year round!
Eggless Dairy Free Potato Salad
This easy vegan potato salad recipe is also totally customizable.
If you’d like, feel free to add veggies like peppers, cucumbers, tofu, radish, vegan bacon or chopped parsley.
If you’re not a huge vegan mayo fan, you can always substitute with unflavored plant-based yogurt or sour cream. I’ve even made it using some homemade vegan ranch before – though I reduced the amount and added it to taste.
What I also love about this dairy free potato salad is that the ingredients can be kept on hand until needed, and you can always make this dish ahead of time because it tastes even better the next day!
- Potatoes – You can use red or gold, I just used russet potatoes.
- Vegan Mayonnaise – I used store-bought Vegenaise, but you can also make your own.
- Celery, Red Onion, Dill Pickles – These add tons of delicious flavor and texture.
- Dill – I used dried, but fresh is always a great idea!
- Mustard – Just a bit gives this potato salad that classic flavor you want, without being overpowering.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Just a little adds a bit of tang to the salad, trust me you want to add it!
- Salt/Pepper – Add as needed!
- Ground Celery Seed – Optional, but adds a nice savory, earthy taste.
How to Make the Best Vegan Potato Salad
Cooking the Potatoes
To prepare your potatoes, start by giving them a good wash and then peel the skins off.
Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces, and then place into a large pot.
Cover with water and add a pinch of salt.
Cook over medium/high heat for fifteen to twenty minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork – be sure not to overcook them, you want them to keep their shape.
Drain the potatoes and then add to a bowl along with the vinegar – mix well and set aside while you make the sauce.
Making the Dairy Free Mayo Dressing
Now, to a small bowl add the vegan mayonnaise, chopped celery, red onion, dill pickles, dried dill, mustard, celery seed if using and salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Eggless Potato Salad
Mix well and then pour over the potatoes after they have cooled a bit.
Stir everything together until evenly incorporated and then it’s done!
I like to place mine in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, and then sprinkle on some dried dill and smoked paprika!
It’s also great with some green onions on top!
This eggless potato salad keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
I don’t recommend freezing it because it will not keep its texture or flavor.
Vegetarian Potato Salad Recipe
This is the best vegan potato salad with dill ever – filled with fresh and tangy ingredients and incredibly easy to throw together!
It’s one of my favorite recipes to make with vegan burgers or to pair with grilled veggies.
Summer to me is all about relaxing and enjoying great food – this recipe is the ultimate fuss-free and delicious way to do that!
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Easy to Make
Here’s some vegan recipe ideas to serve this potato salad with!
Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich
Marinated & Grilled Veggie Kabobs
Pin this for later!
Vegan Potato Salad
This easy vegan potato salad recipe is creamy and packed with flavor. The perfect eggless and vegetarian side dish that is so simple to make!
- 2 1/2 Ibs Potatoes
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dill Pickles, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dried Dill (or 1/3 cup fresh, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Celery Seed (optional)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika to serve (optional)
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes into bite sized pieces. Add to a large pot over medium/high heat and cover with water.
- Stir in a pinch of salt and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork, be sure not to overcook them, you want them to keep their shape.
- Drain and add to a bowl, then stir in the vinegar and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the vegan mayo, celery, red onion, dill pickles, dill, mustard, celery seed if using an salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this over the potatoes when they have cooled and mix to evenly distribute. Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with a sprinkle of dill and smoked paprika and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
12 thoughts on “Vegan Potato Salad”
Making it for the second time, and doubling it, because last time I made it, it was gone before I knew it! Delicious!
So happy you like it!! 🙂
Red onion in potato salad is my favourite! I can’t wait to give it a try with this vegan twist.
For sure! Thanks!!
My hubby and I love a good potato salad! Definitely going to make this soon! Looks amazing and so delicious!
Thanks so much!
This potato salad is getting saved for this summer potlucks. My cousin has recently chosen to try the vegan lifestyle and this will be perfect for her. Thank you for sharing!
Happy to help!! 🙂
This potato salad is delicious! So fresh and easy to make.