We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: November 4, 2021)
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are incredibly flavorful, puffy and delicious!
Made with only ten simple ingredients that create the most chewy cookies ever.
Baking vegan cookies is a piece of cake, most of the ingredients are already vegan, so you’ll just need a little vegan butter and some ground flax seeds.
These work in place of dairy and eggs, but still give you that delicious texture and flavor you want in a cookie!Using peanut butter in cookies is a delicate balance.
You want enough to pack the cookies with flavor, but not so much that it makes them crumbly.
These peanut butter chocolate chip vegan cookies have the perfect balance of butter and peanut butter to achieve the ideal balance of texture and taste!
I do highly recommend not using natural peanut butter for these cookies though, you will get a far better texture using a brand like Jif.
Best Vegan Chocolate Peanut Cookies Recipe
These dairy free cookies are the perfect blend of chewy peanut butter and puffy chocolate chip.
The two are such complimentary flavors and they are absolutely irresistible, especially when served warm!
I’m a big fan of making all of my recipes as familiar as possible, and not focusing on any weird or expensive ingredients.
Flax seeds and vegan butter are both affordable and common grocery store items, and they also work perfectly in baking, definitely my go to substitutes!
- All-Purpose Flour – Bleached or unbleached both work.
- Vegan Butter – Be sure to use butter sticks and not from a tub.
- Peanut Butter – I use non-natural peanut butter like Jif, natural would not give the same result. I used crunchy for even more texture, but creamy is fine.
- Brown Sugar – I love using just brown sugar in these cookies, it makes them super chewy and adds flavor.
- Vanilla – Adds tons of flavor.
- Flax Egg – A simple and effective egg substitute!
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder – The combination makes for the perfect puffy cookies.
- Salt – Just a pinch to bring out all the wonderful flavors.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – You can find dairy-free chocolate chips at most stores, or just chop up a dark chocolate bar!
How to Make Easy Vegan Cookies
Making the Cookie Dough
To begin making these delicious chocolate peanut butter vegan cookies, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, whisk your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, cream together the sugar, butter and peanut butter until smooth.
I recommend using an electric mixer if you have one, but you can also do this by hand by vigorously whisking.
Pour the dry into the wet and mix until combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
The batter may be a bit crumbly but it will come together in your hands easily.
Take three tablespoon amounts of dough and roll them into balls using the palms of your hands, no need to flatten.
This recipe should make about ten large cookies.
Then place two inches apart on a baking tray covered in parchment paper or aluminum foil.
You can add a few more chocolate chips to the tops for aesthetics, but this isn’t necessary.
Baking Vegan Cookies
Finally, bake for 14-16 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges.
I also like to gently press into the center of a cookie, and if it springs back up I know they’re done.
Let the cookies cool for five minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy.
Dairy Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
These allergen friendly cookies are ready in no time and are perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike.
You can also substitute a 1:1 gluten free flour blend if you’d like.
Dairy free chocolate chips are available in most stores as well, but you can always cut up a baking chocolate bar for chocolate chunks.
For storing I would recommend keeping these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to five days.
They can also be frozen for up to three months, they are delicious when slightly thawed or heated in the microwave!
These vegan chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are:
- Easy to Make
- Crisp on the Outside
- Soft on the Inside
Check out these other delicious vegan cookie recipes!
Pin this for later!
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Butter, room temp
- 2/3 Cup Peanut Butter (not natural)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Flax Egg*
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl, add the sugar, room temperature vegan butter and peanut butter. Mix until creamy with an electric mixer or vigorously by hand.
- Add flax egg and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Add dry mixture into wet and mix until combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Taking 3 Tbsp amounts of dough, roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking tray.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until just slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
*1 Tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit for 10 minutes and use in place of an egg.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 6g