We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: January 15, 2023)
Easy Vegan Garlic Knots Recipe
This vegan garlic knots recipe is so fluffy, flavorful and easy to make!
Filled with garlicy flavor, olive oil instead of butter, and parsley.
They’re also made with instant yeast for a faster and hassle-free bread recipe!
These easy garlic knots are the perfect appetizer or snack – I love serving mine with a shallow dish of olive oil, balsamic and minced garlic for dipping!Making bread from scratch is such a fun, rewarding and therapeutic activity – I especially love baking homemade bread in the colder months!
What Are Garlic Knots?
Garlic knots are typically a buttery and garlicy appetizer found at many pizza restaurants.
They are the most comforting, irresistible, delicious yeast bread that’s packed with flavor!
This recipe gives you all that but with a simple vegan twist – these have olive oil instead of butter and a very simple and easy to follow recipe.
These knots are slightly larger than what you’d get at a restaurant – and are perfect for ripping apart and dripping into delicious olive oil!
I do recommend trying to find the highest quality olive oil for this recipe, but you can always just use what you have – a great quality oil will just take these to the next level!
- All-Purpose Flour – For soft, fluffy garlic knots.
- Sugar – Just a little to help activate the yeast.
- Instant Yeast – For that classic yeast flavor and rise.
- Olive Oil – Try to get the highest quality you can find if possible!
- Garlic Powder – To add all the extra garlic flavor!
- Salt – To bring out all the simple flavors!
- Warm Water – To activate the yeast.
- Garlic Topping – A simple mixture of olive oil, minced garlic, dried parsley and salt!
How to Make Garlic Knots from Scratch
Making the Garlic Dough
To make these vegan garlic knots, start by mixing together all of your dry ingredients in a bowl.
Since we’re using instant yeast in this recipe you can simply mix it into the dry!
Then, add the warm water and olive oil and mix until it starts to form a dough.
You can add some extra flour if needed at this point – the dough should be slightly sticky but workable with floured hands.
Oil another bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside. Cover and rest for 30 minutes until doubled.
How to Tie Garlic Knots
Once the dough has risen, punch out the air and place it on a flat, lightly floured surface.
You’re going to want to shape the dough (it’s pretty easy to do by hand) into a 16×5 inch rectangle roughly.
Then, cut the dough into 9 pieces – and roll each into a roughly 8 inch rope (using a little flour if needed).
Carefully tie each rope into a knot and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, at least two inches apart.
Baking Bread Knots
Now, it’s time to bake!
Preheat your oven to 400°F and let the knots rest as it preheats.
Mix together your simple garlic topping and brush half of it all over the knots.
Then, bake for 13-17 minutes, or until they just begin to turn light golden brown.
After you take them out, brush with the remaining garlic topping and enjoy fresh immediately!
These garlic bread knots are best enjoyed with out of the oven – you can keep them in an airtight container on the counter for a few days and heat before serving, but I highly recommend fresh!
Best Garlic Knot Bread Recipe
I love serving this garlic knot recipe with pasta, pizza, a warm soup or just on their own!
You could also top these with some vegan parmesan, fresh black pepper or vegan melted butter.
They’re great dipped in olive oil, balsamic and garlic like I did, or try a marinara sauce or vegan cheese dip!
This bread knot recipe is:
- Made with Olive Oil
- From Scratch
Check out these other easy and delicious vegan bread recipes!
Fluffy Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
Pin this for later!
Vegan Garlic Knots
This easy homemade vegan garlic knots recipe is so flavorful, fresh and delicious. The best quick yeast bread with parsley and olive oil!
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Packet Instant Yeast (1/4 oz or 2 1/4 tsp)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Warm Water (105°F-115°F)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley (or 2 tbsp freshly chopped)
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, instant yeast, garlic powder and salt.
- Add the warm water and olive oil and mix until combined. Add up to 1/3 cup more flour if needed if the dough is very sticky, it should be slightly sticky but workable with floured hands.
- Oil a bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside. Cover and rest for 30 minutes until doubled. In the meantime, mix together your garlic topping.
- Punch out the air and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16x5 inch rectangle and cut into 9 pieces.
- Roll each piece into an 8 inch rope and tie into a knot (using a little flour as needed). Place on a baking tray covered in parchment paper 2 inches apart. Brush each with 1/2 of the garlic topping mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and let knots rest as it preheats.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes, or until they just begin to turn light golden brown.
- Brush with remaining topping and enjoy fresh!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
18 thoughts on “Vegan Garlic Knots”
Love that you’ve made this recipe vegan! So good!
I remember making a ton of these last year… Can’t wait to try your recipe!
I hope you love it!
These are so yummy! I can eat a whole plate full!
So happy you liked them!
These garlic knots were so easy to make and turned out to be fluffy and delicious! The perfect side dish for our dinner last night!
Thanks so much!! 🙂