We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry Recipe
This super creamy and delicious vegan chickpea curry is amazing!
It’s easy to make, incredibly comforting and ready in no time.
The sauce is packed with flavors of onion, garlic and ginger, as well as warm spices concentrated in curry paste.
It’s served with lime juice and cilantro for extra fresh flavors and is the ultimate comfort food!Curry is always my go-to dish anytime of the year.
It’s perfect for busy nights when you need a 30 minute meal, and is great for meal prep too!
It is the main food I crave on cold nights and is also incredibly budget-friendly!
Vegan Thai Coconut Milk Curry Sauce
The sauce is what makes this curry irresistible.
It has a base of onion, ginger, garlic and pepper, and really gets packed with flavor from some curry paste.
The coconut milk adds tons of creaminess as well as a hint of sweetness.
Then a pinch of brown sugar and soy sauce add even more depth and richness.
The meal is topped with with some squeezed lime and chopped cilantro to add some freshness and make for the perfect flavor.
You can serve it over rice or with some naan bread as well!
How to Make Vegan Curry with Chickpeas
Making the Curry Sauce Base
To make this easy vegan curry, prepare your ingredients by chopping the onion, mincing the garlic and ginger, and cutting the pepper into slices.
Now, add the chopped onion and olive oil to a large pan over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often until translucent.
Add the minced ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, continue stirring often as you add the remaining ingredients.
Add the sliced pepper and cook another 2 minutes.
Adding the Curry Paste and Coconut Milk
Add the curry paste and mix well to evenly distribute.
Add the drained chickpeas and coconut milk and cook for 5-8 minutes until thickened.
Thickening and Serving Curry Sauce
Add the cornstarch mixture in increments, stirring in between, and then add the brown sugar, soy sauce and salt and pepper as needed.
Stir everything together and let simmer for a minute or two to finish, then it’s done!
Serve over rice with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro!
Best Homemade Chickpea Curry Recipe
I love making this homemade curry just about every week!
It also has pantry-friendly ingredients so I can just keep it on hand for whenever I want it.
It’s a great recipe for using up any other veggies that are about to go bad, just toss them in with the pepper!
This recipe is:
Check out there other delicious vegan comfort foods:
Pin this for later!
- 1 15 oz. Can Chickpeas
- 1 15 oz. Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp Curry Paste
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch dissolved into 2 Tbsp Water
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Fresh Lime (to serve)
- Fresh Cilantro (to serve
- Prepare the ingredients by chopping the onion, mincing the garlic and ginger and cutting the pepper into slices.
- Add the chopped onion and olive oil to a large pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often as you add the remaining ingredients.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add sliced pepper and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and mix well, then add the drained chickpeas and coconut milk and cook for 5-8 minutes until thickened.
- Slowly add in the cornstarch mixture, stirring in between, and then add the brown sugar, soy sauce and salt and pepper as needed and mix well.
- Let simmer for another minute or two and it is ready.
- Serve over rice with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro.
*This curry is even better the next day as all the ingredients marinate!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 11g