We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: December 14, 2022)
Best Vegan Buffalo Sauce
This three minute vegan buffalo sauce is perfectly spicy and tangy!
You really can’t beat the taste of homemade sauces – not only do they have so much flavor when made fresh, but you can also customize the flavors to your preference.
This is my favorite recipe for buffalo sauce made from scratch, it’s so easy and tasty!
I served mine with baked cauliflower wings and celery, but it’s also delicious on any appetizer or main dish that needs a little added spice!
- Hot Sauce – Use your favorite hot sauce here, or else the best quality you can find if possible.
- Vegan Butter – Use a vegan butter that you love the taste of – I use Country Crock plant butter for this!
- White Vinegar – Adds more depth of flavor to the sauce and really makes a big difference!
- Garlic Powder – For some added flavor.
- Pinch Salt – Just a pinch to really bring out the deep flavors.
How to Make Homemade Buffalo Sauce
To make this tasty vegan wing sauce, all you have to do is choose a container big enough to hold about 1 1/2 cups of sauce, and add everything inside.
Give it a good mix until it’s very smooth and creamy, and you’re done!
This sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
While you can simply make this homemade buffalo sauce with just hot sauce and melted vegan butter, I highly recommend adding the remaining ingredients for a more full-bodied sauce!
What is Buffalo Sauce?
Buffalo sauce is a deliciously creamy hot sauce – the added butter really balances the spice and a bit of vinegar and garlic add more depth that keep you coming back for more!
Why is it Called Buffalo Sauce?
Buffalo sauce got its name because it was originally made in Buffalo, New York by Teressa Bellissimo in 1964 at a bar. Now it’s enjoyed around the country on wings, vegetables, french fries, mac and cheese, burgers and more!
This recipe is:
- Ready in 3 Minutes
Try my Vegan Chipotle Sauce next!
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch Salt
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g