We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.(Last Updated On: July 11, 2023)
Spiralizers have become a must-have kitchen gadget for those looking to add more vegetables and creativity to their meals. Whether you’re a seasoned home chef or a beginner, a spiralizer can help transform your favorite fruits and veggies into delectable noodles, ribbons, and spirals.
As the popularity of spiralizers continues to soar, the market is now flooded with various models catering to different needs and budgets. From compact handheld options to high-end attachments and versatile tabletop models, there’s a spiralizer to suit your culinary preferences.
Our Top Picks
KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment
Best for those without KitchenAid Mixer:
Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Vegetable Spiralizer & Slicer
Veggetti Sprial Vegetable Slicer
If you’re looking for a versatile and easy-to-use attachment for your KitchenAid Stand Mixer, the KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment is a great choice.
- Genuine KitchenAid Stand Mixer Attachment
- Includes 4 quick-change blades for versatility
- Premium metal construction provides durable long-lasting performance
- Some plastic parts could be more substantial
- Overpriced compared to similar products on the market
- Not suitable for peeling some vegetables, like carrots
This attachment allows you to peel, core, slice, and spiralize a variety of fruits and vegetables. The 4 quick-change blades (Spiralizing – Medium and Fine, Slicing – Large and Small Core, and an optional Peeling Blade) make it easy to be creative with fresh ingredients. The attachment is made of premium metal construction, which provides durable long-lasting performance, and when attached to the stand mixer, offers stability and ease of use. All blades are top-rack dishwasher safe, and the attachment body can be wiped clean with a warm, damp cloth.
If you’re looking for a reliable and versatile spiralizer, the Spiralizer Ultimate 10 is definitely worth considering.
- With 10 interchangeable blades, this spiralizer is incredibly versatile.
- The product comes with a printed color user manual and an easy online quick-start guide with demo videos.
- The Spiralizer Ultimate 10 is backed by a lifetime no-hassle replacement policy.
- Although the Spiralizer Ultimate 10 is very versatile, it may take some time to get used to all the different blades and how to use them properly.
- Some users have reported that the suction cup doesn’t always work as well as it should, which can make it difficult to use the spiralizer effectively.
- The product is relatively heavy and bulky.
If you’re looking for an affordable and compact spiralizer, the Fullstar Vegetable Spiralizer might be the right choice for you.
- Compact design makes it easy to store and clean
- Four options for spiralizing needs
- Comes with a removable container to catch sliced vegetables
- Handheld design can be tiring to use for long periods
- May require cutting vegetables in half to fit
The Fullstar Vegetable Spiralizer is a great option for those who want to create zoodles, vegetable pastas, and garnishes with ease. The compact design makes it easy to store and clean, and the four options for spiralizing needs provide versatility in the kitchen. The removable container also catches sliced vegetables, making it mess-free. Overall, the Fullstar Vegetable Spiralizer is a good choice for those who want a simple and affordable spiralizer.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make healthy pasta alternatives, the Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer might be the perfect tool for you.
- The Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer is affordable and easy-to-use.
- The spiral slicer has dual stainless-steel cutting blades for thick or thin pasta strands, making it a versatile kitchen tool.
- The Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer is a manual tool, so it might not be the best option for those who want to spiralize large quantities of vegetables.
- Some users have reported that the slicer leaves large remnants of the vegetable.
- The Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer is made of plastic, which might not be as durable.
The Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer is a great option for those who want to make healthy pasta alternatives quickly and easily. Its dual stainless-steel cutting blades make it a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to make a variety of dishes. However, it is a manual tool, so it might not be the best option for those who want to spiralize large quantities of vegetables. The Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer is an affordable and easy-to-use tool that can help you make delicious and healthy meals.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make healthy vegetable spirals and ribbons, the Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 electric vegetable spiralizer, slicer & veggie noodle maker is definitely worth considering.
- Quickly and easily create healthy vegetable spirals and ribbons with three cutting cones.
- Holds up to 6 cups, making it perfect for family meals and recipes.
- Saves time and effort, processing whole foods without pre-cutting, thanks to the veggie spiralizer’s large 2.5″ round chute.
- The metal food grip on the food pusher may not securely hold larger foods, which may result in uneven noodles.
- Some users have reported difficulty cleaning the cones, even with the included cleaning brush.
- The spiralizer may not be as durable as other models on the market.
If you’re looking for a compact and portable spiralizer to make healthy meals on the go, the Mueller Spiralizer for Veggies, Salad Container for Lunch is a great option.
- It’s compact and portable, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- Easy to operate and clean, and it’s dishwasher safe.
- Backed by a full Lifetime Warranty.
- The size of the container is a bit small for larger meals.
- The spiralizer works best with smaller vegetables.
- The blade could be sharper for easier spiralizing.
Types of Spiralizers
When choosing the perfect spiralizer for your kitchen, it’s essential to understand the different types available.
Handheld spiralizers are compact and easy to store. They are perfect for occasional use or for those with limited kitchen space. To use a handheld spiralizer, simply insert the vegetable into the device and twist it to create your desired noodle shape.
- Portable and easy to store
- Limited in the variety of vegetable sizes and shapes it can accommodate
- Can be labor-intensive and time-consuming for larger quantities
Countertop spiralizers have a sturdy base and are designed to handle a wider range of fruits and vegetables, including butternut squash, apples, and onions. These spiralizers typically come with multiple blade options, providing more versatility in the noodle shapes you can create.
- Can accommodate larger and harder fruits and vegetables
- More blade options for versatile noodle shapes
- Takes up more storage space
- Can be more expensive than handheld models
For those who want an even more convenient option, electric spiralizers are the way to go. Electric spiralizers are ideal for those who frequently make vegetable noodles or have difficulty with manual gadgets.
- Fast and efficient
- Ideal for individuals with limited hand strength
- More expensive than handheld and countertop models
- Takes up more storage and counter space
Key Features to Consider
When selecting a spiralizer, consider the variety of blade options it offers. Stainless steel blades ensure durability and high performance. Look for a model with multiple color-coded blades to easily switch between different cuts, such as ribbons or zoodles.
Size and Storage
Your spiralizer should have a compact design, making it suitable for any kitchen size. Suction cups on the base can provide stability during usage. Additionally, ensure that the spiralizer has convenient storage options for the blades and other accessories, helping keep your kitchen organized.
Ease of Use
A user-friendly spiralizer will make the process of preparing vegetables much smoother. Look for a model with an intuitive manual design that is easy to operate, even for beginners.
A versatile spiralizer will allow you to make a wide range of vegetable cuts. Some models offer additional slicing options beyond spiralizing, expanding your culinary possibilities in the kitchen. Keep an eye out for models that can handle various vegetable sizes and shapes for increased flexibility.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Choose a spiralizer that is easy to clean, with dishwasher-safe components and a design that minimizes waste disposal. Ensuring that the blades remain sharp will also make maintenance more manageable and improve the overall performance of your spiralizer.
Safety is essential when using a kitchen appliance with sharp blades. Look for features like blade guards, non-slip grips, and other safety measures to protect yourself during use. Take the time to read the instruction manual and follow expert advice on how to use and maintain your spiralizer safely.
Spiralizing Different Produce
Spiralizing vegetables is a fantastic way to add more veggies to your meals, offering a healthy alternative to traditional pasta. With a good-quality spiralizer, you can easily transform a variety of vegetables into noodles or ribbons. Some popular vegetables to spiralize include zucchini, carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash.
Zucchini, commonly made into zoodles (zucchini noodles), is one of the most popular choices for spiralizing. Beets and carrots create beautifully colored noodles, perfect for summer salads. Sweet potatoes and butternut squash offer a more substantial texture, making them an excellent base for heartier dishes. To achieve different noodle shapes, use various blade attachments, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or angel hair blades.
Spiralizing is not just for vegetables! Many fruits can be spiralized to create unique and visually appealing salads, side dishes, and desserts. Some popular fruits for spiralizing include apples, cucumbers, and pears.
Consider using a spiralizer to create stunning cucumber ribbons for a refreshing salad or to add some texture to your dishes. Spiralized apples can be combined with cinnamon and sugar to create an easy fruit dessert, while spiralized pears make an excellent base for a gourmet salad.
When selecting a spiralizer, consider the varieties of produce you plan to work with and choose a model that can handle both wider and harder fruits and vegetables. Tabletop spiralizers tend to be more versatile, making them a great choice for spiralizing different types of produce.
Keep in mind that spiralized fruits and vegetables will not store as long as their un-spiralized counterparts, as they typically lose moisture more quickly. To maintain freshness, store your spiralized produce in an airtight container and consume within a day or two.
By incorporating spiralized fruits and vegetables into your diet, you can add variety, color, and creativity to your meals while keeping your kitchen adventures fun and innovative. Keep experimenting with different produce and blade attachments for endless possibilities in your healthy cooking journey.
Spiralizer Recipe IDEAs
If you’re looking to try spiralizing in your kitchen, there are numerous recipes to experiment with. A popular choice for spiralized dishes revolves around zucchini noodles, often called “zoodles.” They can easily replace traditional spaghetti or fettuccine in a variety of dishes, making them a healthy alternative to pasta.
One delicious idea is to create a zucchini noodle salad, topped with a lemon-garlic vinaigrette. This light and refreshing choice can be a great way to incorporate spiralized veggies into your meals, leaving you satisfied but not weighed down.
Don’t limit yourself to just zucchini; feel free to explore other options, like spiralized sweet potatoes tossed with brown sugar honey butter, or an apple-cranberry tart using spiralized apples. This adds variety and depth to your dishes while still maintaining the health benefits and ease of spiralizing.
Try adding spiralized veggies to the following recipes for a fun twist: