We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavortheSizzle #TexasPete #SauceLikeYouMeanIt
Vegan Pulled Pork Jackfruit Recipe
These vegan pulled pork sandwiches are so quick and easy to make, and have the best texture and taste!
Once cooked, the jackfruit pulls apart just like pulled pork would, and it loses its sweet flavor and absorbs all the flavor in the sauce.
You just have to sauté it for a bit to soften it and let it marinate while it cooks.
Jackfruit can be purchased in a can for convenience, and is such a great all-natural meat alternative!
- Jackfruit – Canned jackfruit works great for this recipe, just be sure to rinse it well and remove the hard core.
- Sriracha – I used CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce (see where to purchase in your area and learn more here), it has a great flavor and good amount of heat.
- Barbecue Sauce – Any store bought vegan brand is great, I always like to choose a lower sugar one. Texas Pete® also has a new line of barbecue sauces.
- Onion & Pepper – Adds tons of flavor and texture to the jackfruit.
- Corn & Beans – I love the texture and added protein, though they are optional.
- Oil – I use olive oil for this recipe, you can also use vegetable.
- Water – Just a splash to help thin the sauce.
- Coleslaw – Store-bought or homemade work great.
Vegetarian Barbecue Jackfruit Recipe
With the weather warming up, I love having easy sandwich recipes on hand, and vegan pulled pork is always at the top of my list.
I’ve always loved these sandwiches and how similar the texture and taste is also makes it perfect for non-vegetarians as well!
For this recipe, I loved the addition of CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce. Their products have the perfect balance of bold flavors and heat, and are a great addition to any delivery or take out foods as well.
Their Sauce Like You Mean It™ saying is about doing something you’re passionate about with tenacity, and I love adding Texas Pete® products to my cooking when I need some extra heat and flavor!
How to Make Vegan Jackfruit Sandwich
Cooking the Jackfruit
To make this delicious vegan sandwich, start by cooking the onion and pepper in a pan over medium heat with some oil.
Cook for about five minutes, or until the onion begins to look translucent.
While you wait, rinse the jackfruit well and remove the hard core and discard.
Add to the pan along with the sriracha, barbecue sauce, water, and corn and black beans if using.
Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring often, until the jackfruit can be pulled apart using a fork, then remove from heat.
Assembling Pulled Pork Alternative Sandwich
Toast the buns if desired, and then add a generous amount of the jackfruit mixture.
Top it with vegan coleslaw and more sriracha if desired, and enjoy!
You can use store bought vegan coleslaw if you can find it, or you can make your own!
Best Vegan Jackfruit Recipe
These vegan pulled pork sandwiches are perfect for summer picnics, meal prepping or for a fuss-free meal on a warm evening.
It’s also super budget-friendly and has only a few simple ingredients!
I have been loving jackfruit recipes lately because of the texture and how simple and natural they are compared to many meat alternatives.
Vegetarian recipes never have to compromise on flavor, and this sandwich is the perfect example of that!
You can store this barbecue jackfruit in the fridge for up to four days.
You can also freeze this recipe for up to three months.
You can heat it on the stove for best results, or let it thaw in the fridge and toss it in the microwave until warm.
- 2-4 Tbsp Texas Pete® Cha! Sriracha Sauce
- 40 oz Jackfruit (canned)
- 1 1/2-2/3 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Corn (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Vegan Buns
- In a pan over medium heat, add the oil, onion and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often
- Rinse jackfruit well and remove hard core, add to the pan along with the sriracha, barbecue sauce, water, and corn and black beans if using.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring often, until jackfruit can be pulled apart using a fork.
- Remove from heat and serve on vegan buns with coleslaw and more sriracha if desired!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 483mgCarbohydrates: 147gFiber: 9gSugar: 110gProtein: 10g