We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If this is your first year eating vegan over the holidays, or if you just want to try something new, this oven baked cauliflower is for you!
This oven baked cauliflower is the easiest and cheapest option for a meatless Thanksgiving! The meal itself costs no more than $20 and can feed up to 4 people.
It’s also ready to bake in less than 15 minutes, and still gives you that savory, home-cooked feel, without the trouble of preparing a turkey (and without the hour nap you typically need after the Thanksgiving meal!).
Mustard and Spice!
This may sound like a weird coating, and I’m not even a huge fan of mustard, but this is the one dish I love with a subtle mustard taste!
It compliments the cauliflower so well, and makes the sauce thick enough to stick while baking. I also added some of my favorite spices along with thyme, rosemary, and plenty of fresh lemon juice!
I wanted to incorporate as many harvest colors as possible, so I chopped up some carrots, red potatoes, onions, and a red bell pepper for a pop of red! You’ll be amazed at how flavorful they can be with just some simple seasonings, as they all marinate in the oven with some fresh rosemary sprigs!
No Fuss Thanksgiving Meal
My favorite part of this scrumptious meal is how quick it is to make.
You don’t need to worry about cleaning or thawing or planning (except for a quick rinse!). Just cut, mix, pour and bake!
Fat Free Baked Cauliflower
I try to avoid oil as much as possible, and I love that the cauliflower still develops a beautiful golden brown color without it!
As you’re basically eating a plate of vegetables without any refined fat, you’ll feel satisfied, yet light as a feather after the feast! Say goodbye to sleepy Thanksgiving afternoons, and instead enjoy feeling energetic and lively.
If you’re looking for a sweet festive treat that will keep your energy up without the sugar crash, try my Easy Vegan Carrot Cake! You’ll be the envy of the crowd – feasting and still as lively as ever!
I hope you give it a try, and let me know how you like it! 🙂
Pin this for later!
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 4 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Veggie Broth + More to Pour into Tray
- Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- 3 Sm Red Potatoes
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Remove leaves and large stalk pieces from cauliflower and rinse cauliflower with water. Place in a deep baking tray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, apple cider vinegar, veggie broth, thyme, chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over cauliflower and spread with a spoon to evenly distribute. Add some vegetable stock to the bottom of the tray so it does not dry out (about 1/2 inch deep).
- If adding side vegetables, chop and place around cauliflower, seasoning to taste (I used onion, red potato, red bell pepper and carrots, and seasoned with a bit of the same spices as the cauliflower).
- Bake, covered, for 35 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork. Place oven on broil and cook until cauliflower develops a nice golden brown color (this only took mine a few seconds, so watch carefully!)
- Enjoy with fresh lemon juice squeezed on top!
Serving Size:1/4 Cauliflower
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210