We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Maple Coffee Cookies!
I spent this wonderful, rainy morning wrapping Christmas presents, drinking coffee and nibbling on a few of these chewy maple cookies!
These thick, chewy holiday cookies are made with healthful ingredients, rolled in organic coconut sugar and cinnamon, and baked for just a few minutes!
From the moment the festive smell fills your home, you’ll be hooked!
Chewy, Moist and Sweet
It’s fun to play around with different flours (almond, oat, etc.), however I decided to go the more traditional route with these cookies – so I used an organic, unbleached all-purpose flour and loved the texture.
I adore using coconut sugar in holiday cookies, to me it has a brown sugar/maple flavor that is so much more interesting than raw cane sugar!
Apple sauce and almond butter can be used in place of eggs and oil. In addition, the apple and almond flavors only added to the maple and spice in the cookie!
I added a splash of freshly brewed coffee (I had just brewed some and thought, why not?), it gave these cookies a maple latte aroma! Don’t worry if you don’t like coffee, it’s very subtle behind the strong maple flavor, and you can always leave it out!
Egg and Dairy-Free
As always, I’ll be here for your egg and dairy-free recipe needs! It’s been years since I’ve cooked or baked non-vegan foods, and I’ve had a great deal of success in my experimenting!
To me, these cookies are as good as they get, but I’m curious for my non-vegan bakers out there, how do these add up to traditional recipes? Let me know!
There’s nothing better than Christmas cookies this time of year, and these have always been one of my very favorites!
I think they are perfect on a cold day with some hot coffee or tea, and would be a great, sweet breakfast for Christmas morning! 🙂
These cookies are:
- With a Hint of Coffee!
Pin this for later!
For the Cookies:
- 2 Cups Organic, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 4-5 Tbsp Fresh Coffee (optional)
For the Coating:
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper on two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, apple sauce, maple syrup and coffee. Add wet ingredients into dry and combine well.
- Roll into small balls (roughly 2 tablespoons each), and place onto baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are a nice golden brown. Allow to cool then enjoy!